Zippy from New Orléans

Hey Gang,
I sold my last bike in the mid 80s thinking I’d probably give up riding. Well, I got that itch once more and over the last couple of years I’d been toying with the idea of purchasing a vintage ride. At the top of my list was the old R5. Shopping around, what motorcycles I found were pretty pricey, to say the least, and like any vintage bike, come chock full of all sorts repair and maintenance issues. But a couple of months ago while I was perusing for available vintage rides, I accidentally came across the new R18. It was love at first sight. I immediately went down to the local dealership and bought one of the First Editions they had in stock. Best motorcycle purchase I ever made —new, beautiful and, unlike a vintage ride, I don’t have to kickstart the damned thing. The more time I spend in the saddle, the more infatuated I become. While the R18 might not be the motorcycle for everyone, it fills every one of my requirements in a bike and then some.
Very happy to have found the R18 Forum as well. I find I learn something new and informative with every visit.

Something like that happened to me. Tired of Harley‘s troubles, literally I dropped off my last bike at the dealer store. ”Give my money back or we will see in court” were my last words. No Indian Brand in my country, my style of ride and bikes (cruiser) were without solution. I thought I’ll never going to have MY bike again. And then..., just one month later...BMW open the pre orde purchase for the R18!

My last bike was a Superglide. I put a lot of miles on it. No problems mechanically, it just wasn’t for me. I guess you could say we never bonded. The R18 on the other hand . . .

Back