WTB Original Chrome Cylinder Head Covers

Does anyone have a set of pristine original chrome head covers for sale? Installing the DK Design cylinder cover guards marred mine. The screws securing the badges made contact with the original covers. Poor design. I contacted DK. No response. I may never remove the guards but would like to have the option to return the bike to stock without any visible damage.

I am looking for the part numbers of those 'ignition coil covers' (as named by BMW), it seems they have different numbers depending of the finish. First Edition comes in chrome.

I would like to buy one of them (left side) or both as well.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a set of pristine original chrome head covers for sale? Installing the DK Design cylinder cover guards marred mine. The screws securing the badges made contact with the original covers. Poor design. I contacted DK. No response. I may never remove the guards but would like to have the option to return the bike to stock without any visible damage.
I have the DK units and are nicely made & fit accurately - I add a couple of thin fibre washers at the 2 standard screw fixing points and an adhesive thin rubber washer under the rubber bump block contact to the head, so it stands a millimetre or so from the head case surface - can't see the diference myself and seems secure (done 1000km with them in place so far).
I'll post a couple of better closeup pics tomorrow when the lights better. 👍R18pic.jpg

Hi Elementul, still looking for a set of chrome head covers? If so, please PM me.

Back