Wisconsin USA checking in!

TodkaVonic

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Hi everyone! I'm so glad to have found this forum! A huge thanks to those who made it happen! Ok, I picked up my R18 on September 22nd so I had several fall months to enjoy riding it. Wow! It's effortless and so solid. Gets a lot of attention too. My other current motorcycles are a rebuilt, kinda bobbed-out 1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador and a 2006 Ducati Sport Classic Paul Smart special edition. Well, the Guzzi is great but tends to break down. It IS 50 years old. Last time it was a broken clutch cable almost 200 miles from home. Hmmmph. The old guys were like "yeah, always gotta carry a spare cable." Yeah. The Ducati is amazing. Like rockstar level fantastic BUT...so uncomfortable. I'm 48 and riding that for more than, oh, 45 minutes at a stretch leads to nothing but Advil.

So maybe it was 2019 and I'm musing with buying a cruiser or a bagger when I see the R18 prototype---that impossibly low beautiful machine---and thought "BMW! that's the way forward!" I ordered one and gobbled-up every bit of information I could find until she arrived. Interestingly, the R18 has many the classic elements of my Guzzi: wire wheels, pinstripes, an uncluttered aesthetic, and an engine as the center of attention. It's uncanny. Anyhow, the R18 clicked all the boxes for what I need at this point in my riding life, and, although not exactly the low and stunning prototype, she is a fantastic machine that I've enjoyed immensely.

And that's the update from Wisconsin.

I hope to help with things that I can and will strive to be a positive presence here.

Nate

Last edited:
I've got a suspicion that the Guzzi and Duck will be collecting a lot of dust in the spring.
;)

They will. I've been trying to convince my wife to let me put the Ducati in our home someplace. Just empty it out and plop it in a corner like a piece of art. She's not going for it.

They will. I've been trying to convince my wife to let me put the Ducati in our home someplace. Just empty it out and plop it in a corner like a piece of art. She's not going for it.
I had the same idea with the 900SS/SP that I used to own. But our house was too small AND my woman wouldn't have been OK with it.

Where at in Wisconsin? Not many dealers left in that state unless you are way up north.....

Where at in Wisconsin? Not many dealers left in that state unless you are way up north.....
La Crosse. I purchased at Leo's South in Burnsville. It was a memorable experience but not for any good reasons. Had the first service at the BMW dealership in Richfield, MN. There's a dealership in Beaver Dam, WI too, but Richfield is closer.

La Crosse. I purchased at Leo's South in Burnsville. It was a memorable experience but not for any good reasons. Had the first service at the BMW dealership in Richfield, MN. There's a dealership in Beaver Dam, WI too, but Richfield is closer.
The dealer in Beaver Dam Mischler’s closed it doors for the final time December 23, 2020.

Mischler's BMW in Beaver Dam, WI Closing permanantly​

Just talked to Erich Mischler and he said Mischler's BMW/Harley dealership in Beaver Dam, WI last day in business is December 23,2020.
Covid and a shrinking demographic likely to blame. Expensive Motorrad dealership upgrades might also be a factor.
We lost another great Beemer dealership in southeast WI recently, Schlossman's BMW/Triumph in Milwaukee.

Last edited:
The dealer in Beaver Dam Mischler’s closed it doors for the final time December 23, 2020.

Mischler's BMW in Beaver Dam, WI Closing permanantly​

ugh. Bummer. Would've made for a better ride than venturing into the Cities.

Back