Winglets on R18B

mkondratov

Site Supporter
I added winglets form Transcontinental to my R18 Bagger's fairing. It appears the turn signals need to be replaced with TC version. The turn signals are in the way and block free travel of the winglets. It appears the turn signals need to be replaced with TC version. I am getting more helmet turbulence with winglets in closed position (blocking incoming air). Does anyone get the same turbulent air on their TC's?

I added winglets form Transcontinental to my R18 Bagger's fairing. It appears the turn signals need to be replaced with TC version. The turn signals are in the way and block free travel of the winglets. It appears the turn signals need to be replaced with TC version. I am getting more helmet turbulence with winglets in closed position (blocking incoming air). Does anyone get the same turbulent air on their TC's?
Not on my TC.

I get good wind protection from the Transcontinental. Some riders dont like the idea of looking through the windshield but it doesn't bother me. My first choice was the R18B, but I wanted 1) engine protection bars, 2) taller windshield, 3) wind deflection above the cylinders. Could have just added these to the R18B I suppose. Oh, and the winglets make a difference too.

I added the winglets to my B but I didn't change the turn signals but just modified the winglets. I also have the 7Jurock windshield, clear and 18" which works perfect for my 5' 9" height.

Attachments

• PXL_20220430_200943071.jpg
    PXL_20220430_200943071.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 88
I added the winglets to my B but I didn't change the turn signals but just modified the winglets. I also have the 7Jurock windshield, clear and 18" which works perfect for my 5' 9" height.
Has your riding improved in regard to turbulence? I might have to do the same thing. I wish I could just mount them on top of the turning lights even if I loose the possibility to open them...

Last edited:
Maybe the optional LED mini-turn signals won't interfere with the winglets when mounted on a Bagger fairing? I installed the Winglet, Auxiliary Lights, TC Turn-Signals and mounting bracket on my model-B; however that was approximately $1,200 in parts and a weekend's worth of work.

1663579093408.png

I have found the winglets to be a big deterrent to turbulence but I also have the TC windshield.
Flipping the winglets closed while at highway speed makes a huge difference.

Nice work.....but that price to me, is just not right.....the aftermarket is lagging, there needs to be an affordable solution.

Maybe the optional LED mini-turn signals won't interfere with the winglets when mounted on a Bagger fairing? I installed the Winglet, Auxiliary Lights, TC Turn-Signals and mounting bracket on my model-B; however that was approximately $1,200 in parts and a weekend's worth of work.

View attachment 7065
Thank you will evaluate the buffeting when I get home & ride but its nice to know there is a solution.
Appreciate the advice. How is the promotion process going????

Back