What did you do to your R18 today?

I posted in the intro thread, and today I did my first ride - running up and down the rpm range (4,000 rpm’s or less of course), bedding in the brakes a bit, and validating my shift lever, preload, handlebar, and lever changes. Got everything dialed in nicely, so now it REALLY feels like my bike. Also had to consult YouTube to figure out the gas cap when I stopped to refuel! Did about 50 miles, then had to get back to my white fluffy supervisor, Ivan.
I test drove a 2021 FE about a year ago, and did not like it - bars in the wrong spot, foot didn’t fit between the jug and the shift lever, and the seat was way too low. Preload was certainly left in shipping mode as well.
Mentioning all this because if you’re intrigued by the bike, but we’re unimpressed by the test ride, just know you can transform the bike with 20 minutes and a few simple tools. GregIMG_0044.jpeg

I posted in the intro thread, and today I did my first ride - running up and down the rpm range (4,000 rpm’s or less of course), bedding in the brakes a bit, and validating my shift lever, preload, handlebar, and lever changes. Got everything dialed in nicely, so now it REALLY feels like my bike. Also had to consult YouTube to figure out the gas cap when I stopped to refuel! Did about 50 miles, then had to get back to my white fluffy supervisor, Ivan.
I test drove a 2021 FE about a year ago, and did not like it - bars in the wrong spot, foot didn’t fit between the jug and the shift lever, and the seat was way too low. Preload was certainly left in shipping mode as well.
Mentioning all this because if you’re intrigued by the bike, but we’re unimpressed by the test ride, just know you can transform the bike with 20 minutes and a few simple tools. GregView attachment 10966
Well done! Great bike and happy doG = Life is Good 🍻 🍻

First world problem.... trying to check my tire pressures with the spoke wheels, bloody discs etc annoys me enough that I get lazy and don't do it as often as I should.... so I got a fitting for my air thingy that swivels to make it almost easy....

20230725_160010.jpg

Mentioning all this because if you’re intrigued by the bike, but we’re unimpressed by the test ride, just know you can transform the bike with 20 minutes and a few simple tools. Greg
Ah... a dog and a bike... about all a man over 50 needs really.

Edit.... maybe a 2nd bike...?

First world problem.... trying to check my tire pressures with the spoke wheels, bloody discs etc annoys me enough that I get lazy and don't do it as often as I should.... so I got a fitting for my air thingy that swivels to make it almost easy....

View attachment 10983
I use an angle chuck too, but that is a nicer one. I also use "fobo" tire pressure valve stem caps and they have worked trouble free for almost two years now and I just replaced the batteries as one was "in the yellow". I still check with my gauge now and again, but have found I can depend on these to do their job. fobo valve stem cap

Well this is long overdue but I finally got my lazy ass going and took pictures. I’ll try and rattle off the mods that have been done. If anyone cares and has questions I’m more than happy to answer.

wunderlich rear crash bars
wunderlich front turn signals
wunderlich shift/brake extender heads
wunderlich front axle sliders
BMW option 719 seat
RSD rear/front brake cylinder covers, head covers, and front brake/clutch levers
BMW front crash bars painted black
brentune
Roughcraft exhaust
DNA stage 2 air filter/housing
7 jurock windshield
stripped almost every bolt and painted with black acrylic paint
Tank emblems but can’t remember where I got those fromView attachment 8502View attachment 8503

View attachment 8499View attachment 8500View attachment 8501View attachment 8494View attachment 8495
Man this is the best looking R18B I've seen. How tall is the windshield you ordered and did the rough craft exhaust need any modifications?

Well posting this I may have to eat some crow ... I was running my mouth how doable the stock seat on the FE is ... well now I have to admit that is only partially true ... my round trip to work is between 30 and 40 miles (depending on which route I take) .. but I have done some 200 mile trips since I work short weeks in the Summer and I have o admit ... I must not be the 'Hard A$$' that I once was ... so withthe ehlp of the good folks from Corbin I got a new sofa 😁 ... a 'Option 719' inspired seat

IMG_20230728_145320854_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230728_145245133_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230728_145325661_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230728_145307889_HDR.jpg

... and I have to say ... huge difference .. I sit just a bit higher up which is nice on my knees and even though it is still quite stiff,
already way more comfortable than the stock.
So here it is .. I was wrong :LOL:

Fitted the RSD speedometer housing, handlebar clamp covers, fuel cap, fork leg top covers and most importantly a full titanium racing set of exhausts from Zard. The db killers are left in as the sound is significantly louder than stock and I don’t want to annoy my neighbours.

Fitted the RSD speedometer housing, handlebar clamp covers, fuel cap, fork leg top covers and most importantly a full titanium racing set of exhausts from Zard. The db killers are left in as the sound is significantly louder than stock and I don’t want to annoy my neighbours.
beside the beauty of your bike, mine has that exact lack time for the engine start… anyone else?

Back