What did you do to your R18 today?

I've rested my legs directly on the cylinders before, this shouldn't be that much worse than that, with the added benefit of being able to do so longer since it won't get hot as quickly. This rest is only about 1" above the cylinders, so you should be able to try resting your legs direct on cylinders for a proxy and lift them one inch.
1 cm or an inch is enough for the air to flow and cool there. when the leg is against the cylinder, it heats up and the air has no way to cool under it while driving

correction included: black painting + replacement of threaded rubber bushings (broken when tightened) with steel ones
The included Wunderlich rubber standoff hardware (maybe software, since it's rubber...) broke?

I assume you are referring to the "silent block'" pieces; can this be avoided, as I can see how rubber might work as an isolation piece against engine vibration?

Screenshot_20230126-063049-987.png

the rubber has a metal thread inside, so the cushioning is apparent. To tighten the screws well, I held the rubber with pliers (the rubber broke). So I decided to replace the bushings with steel hexagonal ones of the same height. it is item no 4

“Ruin”? Nah, you‘re giving him something to look forward to in life that so many people will never understand and that’s the feeling of freedom, adventure and happiness that we find on two wheels. No one in my family rides and I didn’t start until at was 30 years old. Never going to go back.

“Ruin”? Nah, you‘re giving him something to look forward to in life that so many people will never understand and that’s the feeling of freedom, adventure and happiness that we find on two wheels. No one in my family rides and I didn’t start until at was 30 years old. Never going to go back.
My neighbor did that to me when I was @10 ... let me sit on his 250 DKW and grab a hand full of throttle ... and that was it for me ! 😆

My neighbor did that to me when I was @10 ... let me sit on his 250 DKW and grab a hand full of throttle ... and that was it for me ! 😆

My nephew who is 8 is over here this weekend and as soon as he came in the front door he asked me if we can go hang out in the garage. My wife’s GS needs an oil change and chain cleaning. He can’t wait to help out.

Took off my foot rests. They came on the bike and for me, it just covers up too much of that beautiful engine. That and when you use them the wind just goes right up your pants leg.

Back