Weekender seat added

Just got a weekender seat, thought the day rider was too narrow and the cross-country too puffy. It’s better than the 719 seat and looks good on the bike. Changes the riding position however so while I’m breaking it in I’m trying to get used to the new more forward position. Anyone else feel this?
e689c681-dae1-42ba-9500-eeb317cfc544-jpeg.9218
9089AA28-D85E-4F29-A98E-B92BC3C9AE78.jpeg5B59905D-5808-40D3-92DA-052298B52A1F.jpeg

Attachments

• E689C681-DAE1-42BA-9500-EEB317CFC544.jpeg
    E689C681-DAE1-42BA-9500-EEB317CFC544.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 213
Just got a weekender seat, thought the day rider was too narrow and the cross-country too puffy. It’s better than the 719 seat and looks good on the bike. Changes the riding position however so while I’m breaking it in I’m trying to get used to the new more forward position. Anyone else feel this?
e689c681-dae1-42ba-9500-eeb317cfc544-jpeg.9218
View attachment 9219View attachment 9220

Yes, it does put you forward 1 inch or even more. I was looking to buy it as well for longer rides, but I tried it on another bike at dealership and understood that the riding position is different and is not as convenient for a tall rider (for me at least) as the standard seat. The same applies to the Homage seat unfortunately, tried it as well. I liked the look a lot and the seat itself is comfortable, but the riding position is lot worse for tall riders - you sit too high and too forward to control the bike effectively , especially at high speeds or on twisties. So I am keeping the standard seat for now

I have the weekender seat and did not realize it moves you forward a little. I'm 6'2'' and can go for a long while on this thing. Will admit I shift around a lot and even stand up to keep blood flowing. What would be an upgrade in this regard? Because the original hi-seat was giving me hip cramps and the cross country looks the same as the weekender.

I have the weekender seat and did not realize it moves you forward a little. I'm 6'2'' and can go for a long while on this thing. Will admit I shift around a lot and even stand up to keep blood flowing. What would be an upgrade in this regard? Because the original hi-seat was giving me hip cramps and the cross country looks the same as the weekender.

I find that the seat experience has a lot to do with what kind of road you mainly ride on. I mostly ride on rural twisty roads and city roads , so it's important to keep feet close to the bike as they help hold it in place for efficient maneuvering. The standard seat is perfect for this. Also, with this position, part of the weight goes to the legs and floorboards, which partially relieves pressure from the “fifth point”. Riding position was one of the main considerations for me when buying the R18. The Weekender seat put me in a “Harley Touring” position with my knees wide apart, and without reducing pressure by transferring part of the weight to the legs. I am 6”3. It's probably not a problem for touring on long, straight roads, but it's not very comfortable for active maneuvering (at least for me). As for the stiffness of the standard seat - I agree that there would be room for improvement here, but to be honest I'm fine with it in general, for 5-6 hours round trips to seaside with stops every 2 hours it's more than okay, no problems at all. Of course, I understand that the impressions are individual and not objective ). Objectively - the Weekender puts a rider at least 1 inch forward

Yes, it does put you forward 1 inch or even more. I was looking to buy it as well for longer rides, but I tried it on another bike at dealership and understood that the riding position is different and is not as convenient for a tall rider (for me at least) as the standard seat. The same applies to the Homage seat unfortunately, tried it as well. I liked the look a lot and the seat itself is comfortable, but the riding position is lot worse for tall riders - you sit too high and too forward to control the bike effectively , especially at high speeds or on twisties. So I am keeping the standard seat for now
I’m 6’4” and have the Weekender on my Classic. With the stock seat the bike was 45 minutes max, while it is all day with the Weekender.

I do agree it would be good if it was slightly further set back, but I’d actually prefer if it was slightly taller, as the knee angle is the challenge for me.

I’m 6’4” and have the Weekender on my Classic. With the stock seat the bike was 45 minutes max, while it is all day with the Weekender.

I do agree it would be good if it was slightly further set back, but I’d actually prefer if it was slightly taller, as the knee angle is the challenge for me.
I experimented with different seats on my Road King Special and found that sometimes it's better to push back than to go up. I used the Drag Specialties Predator Extended Reach Seat which is 0.25" lower and 2-2.5" farther from the tank than the stock seat and found that the knee angle was less acute than with the Tall Boy seat which is 1 inch farther and 1.5 inches taller. The problem was that the Drag Specialties seat put me too far from the handlebars and I didn't want to change them, I don't like to modify bikes much, so I ended up changing the HD to R18. More precisely - initially I wanted to keep both, but after riding both for a month I realized that HD was losing to R18 on most fronts and sold it.

I experimented with different seats on my Road King Special and found that sometimes it's better to push back than to go up. I used the Drag Specialties Predator Extended Reach Seat which is 0.25" lower and 2-2.5" farther from the tank than the stock seat and found that the knee angle was less acute than with the Tall Boy seat which is 1 inch farther and 1.5 inches taller. The problem was that the Drag Specialties seat put me too far from the handlebars and I didn't want to change them, I don't like to modify bikes much, so I ended up changing the HD to R18. More precisely - initially I wanted to keep both, but after riding both for a month I realized that HD was losing to R18 on most fronts and sold it.
This is why it’s hard to recommend seats over the internet. Everyone will have a bit different body distribution. I have long arms & long legs for my height. Those with a different makeup for the height will have a different experience.

In my case, the issue is my hip is lower than my knee on both stock seat & weekender. At least with the weekender, it is wider, so it better supports you making it more comfortable for longer. I found seats on both Harley & Indian were wider than the stock R18 seat, so the support was better out of the box. But the hip & knee angles are independent of the width of the seat.

Moving the seat back wouldn’t resolve the knee higher than hip as effectively as a slightly taller seat. It would open the knee angle a bit, but would need to move much further back to get the knee lower than my hip. At that point, I’m in a feet forward position which I personally find even more uncomfortable as all the weight is on my tailbone. That was why I didn’t get either a Harley or Indian. In 20 minutes I was begging to get off the bike for a rest.

I can completely resolve the hip below knees on my bike adding an Airhawk. It only bugs me after 3 hours on the bike without a rest. Generally I like to stop to see the sights, or grab a drink, or use the restroom every 2 hours anyway, so it’s not a deal breaker like feet forward is.

Back