Washing Care

The speakers are supposed to be water resistant. Personally I would keep them dry.

The speakers are supposed to be water resistant. Personally I would keep them dry.
I have washed my TC, at least a dozen times, giving no consideration to getting the speakers wet. Think about it...are you concerned, when riding in the rain, or caught in a rain storm?

I would think the speakers are water resistant, otherwise bmw would get a lot of complaints and warranty claims. But here comes the noob question since I don't have the bike: If you would accidentally rinse water directly on the pannier speakers, they would collect it like a pool, right? Or is there drainage inside the panniers?

Just had a weekend long round tour around Lake Michigan (1000+ miles). As luck would go, had bad weather on day 2 with quite a bit of rain and as one would expect, the bike is dirty and surely in for a wash. Wanted to get suggestions on cleaning products to use and any instructions / recommendations. Also, any specific things to keep in mind while washing the saddle bags on my R18 Classic.

Thanks in advance. Look forward to your recommendations before I head out to the store to get the supplies.
S100 spray foam.

S100 is a bit tricky to find these days and honestly pretty pricy. The muc-off spray seems to work similarly. I usually spray, let it sit, rinse, then hit with a traditional wash for anything left.
I found 21 ounce cans for $10-$12 all ob=ver the net. Bob's Cycles may be out buty they had free shipping and no tax about 3 weeks ago @ $11.00/can/21 ounce. here's another one https://www.westendmotorsports.com/s100-aerosol-cleaner/?keyword=&matchtype= One 21 ounce can will clean bike at least 3 t=imes, maybe four.

I found 21 ounce cans for $10-$12 all ob=ver the net. Bob's Cycles may be out buty they had free shipping and no tax about 3 weeks ago @ $11.00/can/21 ounce. here's another one https://www.westendmotorsports.com/s100-aerosol-cleaner/?keyword=&matchtype= One 21 ounce can will clean bike at least 3 t=imes, maybe four.
That's fair. I honest don't shop around on that front much, so being out of stock on Revzilla/Amazon where I can just tack it onto any other order (and it's $20 a can) is definitely just me not looking very much.

Back