Transcontinental Seat Upgrade

I did my first long ride on my Transcontinental last week and I can testify that the stock seat is lacking. Looking at a few options:

1) Corbin - beautiful seat, $1000
2) Mean City Cycles - waiting to hear back if they can perform an upgrade. $ undetermined as of yet.
3) C.C. Rider? Saw these on eBay for $200. Seems too good to be true. Thoughts?

Are there any other options I should look at? Anyone tried the C.C. Rider seats?

Mean City Cycles said they do not work on heated seats. They do pretty work otherwise. I'll check out the Russell. I don't think an extra inch will be a problem.

To get a Russell Seat, you box up your stock seat and send it to them (they contact you when to send so that turn around time is a minimum).
They ask for two profile pics of you sitting on your bike. One with feet on the ground, other with feet on floorboards. In addition they ask for height, weight, inseam, etc.
You get to chose flat or ribbed surface. I chose the diamond rib. Glad I did because it holds you in position and wow is that seat comfortable!
They will do both heated or unheated seats. Heated a bit more expensive.
If you can plunk down $1k for just a seat, you will like the Russel Seat!

The time between when you first contact them and they call you for the stock seat could be 45 days. They are swamped.

Russell Seat, for sure. I have one on my R18 and my Super Tenere. Most comfortable motorcycle seats I've ever had. You can basically ride indefinitely instead of one to two hours before it gets uncomfortable. They completely live up to the hype.

To get a Russell Seat, you box up your stock seat and send it to them (they contact you when to send so that turn around time is a minimum).
They ask for two profile pics of you sitting on your bike. One with feet on the ground, other with feet on floorboards. In addition they ask for height, weight, inseam, etc.
You get to chose flat or ribbed surface. I chose the diamond rib. Glad I did because it holds you in position and wow is that seat comfortable!
They will do both heated or unheated seats. Heated a bit more expensive.
If you can plunk down $1k for just a seat, you will like the Russel Seat!

The time between when you first contact them and they call you for the stock seat could be 45 days. They are swamped.
So they rebuild a stock seat from the pan up? I looked on their site and couldn’t find anything for the R18 line. Curious about getting something to swap onto my B for big time rides.

Russell Seat, for sure. I have one on my R18 "You can basically ride indefinitely instead of one to two hours before it gets uncomfortable. They completely live up to the hype."
Not being facetious, but I have to fuel up every 120-130 miles and stretch to keep alert. I take your word the Russell seat is terrific!

Not being facetious, but I have to fuel up every 120-130 miles and stretch to keep alert. I take your word the Russell seat is terrific!
I've found that stock seats get uncomfortable after an hour or two of overall riding even with bathroom breaks, stretching, food stops, etc. Everyone is different. My longest ride in one day is from Boise, Idaho to San Francisco on an FJR 1300. My rear and knees were killing me by the time I got home.

Back