Transcontinental Back Rest

Looking for any suggestions for a drivers back rest for a Transcontinental. It is the tall comfort seat. Has a slot with strap which appears that it would support a back rest
Thanks

I have a rider backrest on my Transcontinental (the top box is not on the bike so it looks like an R18B).
The strap is bolted to the frame under the seat. When I first saw this I assumed BMW had a backrest in the pipeline that would bolt to the strap point.
It turns out that the only seat maker who builds a backrest is Russell Day-Long in Shasta Lake California. They do a very good job but it is pricey. Here is a pic of mine.seat (1).jpg

There is/ should be a Mustang Cross Country seat coming for the B/TC which will accept the rider backrest that’s already available for the other R18 models.

I posted Here with the part number which was an answer by one of those R18 promoters for BMW in response to someone asking the same question.

I have a rider backrest on my Transcontinental (the top box is not on the bike so it looks like an R18B).
The strap is bolted to the frame under the seat. When I first saw this I assumed BMW had a backrest in the pipeline that would bolt to the strap point.
It turns out that the only seat maker who builds a backrest is Russell Day-Long in Shasta Lake California. They do a very good job but it is pricey. Here is a pic of mine.View attachment 7363
Thank you both!

It turns out that the only seat maker who builds a backrest is Russell Day-Long in Shasta Lake California. They do a very good job but it is pricey. Here is a pic of mine.View attachment 7363
Utopia (utpr.com) makes backrests for the transcontinental that bolt up where the strap bolts on. They didn't have them on their site last week but they're supposed to be launching a new site today with them on it. If you can't find them on their site, all or email them. I called and Andy helped me out and I've now got one on order. Not cheap, but quality rarely is. Looking forward to getting it in a week or two.

Back