Throwout Bearing Noise? Front plastic noise?

Did my second test drive yesterday... Bagger had under 10 miles on it (5 of those were me on test drives) - once she was warmed up, and you engage and disengage the clutch - you hear noise from to me sounds like the throwout bearing...

Had the dealer check it today, they said the "bearing" noise was normal... I have had plenty of manual cars/bikes... when the clutch is disengaged, there shouldn't be any noise, right?

Anyone else have this? it sounds like a chatter, exactly like the throwout bearing making noise.

second... at low (8-12mph) i hear a resonant plastic noise - tech says it could be the front floating rotors...

suppose to pick this bike up tomorrow or Friday... should I be nervous?

I just purchased my TC less than 3 weeks ago. During my first ride, I heard and felt many different things. I now have about 400 miles and it continues to change. I think as the bike goes through the break-in period, it continues to get better. I have been riding a much older bike (2003 R1100S) for the past 20 years, and I am used to the mechanical sounds of the boxer engine. I would say, give it time and it will mellow out and some of it is the character of the boxer engine. As my Dad told me when I was 16 driving his old Camaro and complaining about the creaks and rattles of the old GM body, "boy, turn the radio up and just drive the damn thing!" Should you be nervous, not at all. Have fun with your new bike!!

I just purchased my TC less than 3 weeks ago. During my first ride, I heard and felt many different things. I now have about 400 miles and it continues to change. I think as the bike goes through the break-in period, it continues to get better. I have been riding a much older bike (2003 R1100S) for the past 20 years, and I am used to the mechanical sounds of the boxer engine. I would say, give it time and it will mellow out and some of it is the character of the boxer engine. As my Dad told me when I was 16 driving his old Camaro and complaining about the creaks and rattles of the old GM body, "boy, turn the radio up and just drive the damn thing!" Should you be nervous, not at all. Have fun with your new bike!!
+1. It’s not a wet clutch (like many other bikes) and has no water jacket either so you will hear lots of noises that come & go even as the bikes warm up. ( my Guzzi is just the same ). The dealer has reassured you, Don’t overthink it. Enjoy 👍

I heard the same noise on my 23 bagger.
Almost 800 miles know and it has calmed down a lot but I do still hear it once in a while.
I also feel the motor through the clutvh

Sorry didn’t finish the above sentence.
I seem to feel lots of revs or the actual motor running through my clutch hand.
I’m not very mechanical so not sure I’m explaining correctly but it definitely has character in spades over any of my other bikes.

Check out the "Front Wheel Noise" thread; I've personally seen (heard) an improvement after installing the rubber isolators. Also, I tighten the front shock sleeve covers; there is two screws on the plastic cups (where the Model B front directionals mounts..)

Thread 'Front Wheel Noise' https://www.r18forums.com/threads/front-wheel-noise.1060/

Did my second test drive yesterday... Bagger had under 10 miles on it (5 of those were me on test drives) - once she was warmed up, and you engage and disengage the clutch - you hear noise from to me sounds like the throwout bearing...

Had the dealer check it today, they said the "bearing" noise was normal... I have had plenty of manual cars/bikes... when the clutch is disengaged, there shouldn't be any noise, right?

Anyone else have this? it sounds like a chatter, exactly like the throwout bearing making noise.

second... at low (8-12mph) i hear a resonant plastic noise - tech says it could be the front floating rotors...

My r18 b has 18k miles. I started hearing the same noise as you said above! When I have the clutch engaged, it sounds normal, but when I disengage it, I hear that chattering noise. I am not sure what it is. I took it to the dealer today and have them hear it and they agree that there is a noise when clutch is disengaged. Service guy test rode it and reported everything seems normal. Service just made a note that at 18k, engine is making noise and I have to observe if noise gets worse later on…..

It really bothers me because, the noise was not there before and now there is. Please let us know what you find out…

Has anyone owned a Ducati? Same noise...
Dry Clutch noise is much different from what most are used to...
If you didn't know, these bikes use a dry clutch... I said the same thing, thinking the throwout bearing is bad, which sounds EXACTLY like what all these bikes sound like...
but look it up, its normal noise...

Our bikes make a rattling sound at idle when in Neutral because they have a dry clutch just like most if not all Ducati motorcycles, which make the same noise. Perfectly normal.

Ma R18 B a 18 000 miles. J'ai commencé à entendre le même bruit que celui que vous avez dit ci-dessus ! Lorsque j'embraye, cela semble normal, mais lorsque je le débraye, j'entends ce bruit de claquement. Je ne suis pas sûr de ce que c'est. Je l'ai apporté chez le concessionnaire aujourd'hui et je lui ai fait l'entendre et ils sont d'accord qu'il y a un bruit lorsque l'embrayage est débrayé. Le technicien de service l'a testé et a signalé que tout semblait normal. Le service vient de noter qu'à 18k, le moteur fait du bruit et je dois observer si le bruit s'aggrave plus tard…..

Cela me dérange vraiment parce que le bruit n'était pas là avant et maintenant il l'est. S'il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir ce que vous découvrez…
Bonjour,
c'est comme une sorte de clalorssue l'on debraye ? Moi aussi j'ai ça depuis longtemps, (environ 10000kms ) cet hiver je vais faire verifier .

Mine has done that since the day it was born go pick up your bike and enjoy

Back