Tach keeps resetting to miles

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything.

My tach keeps resetting to display the total miles instead of leaving it at RPM; as I left it when I turned off the bike. I recently had to recharge the battery. Is that an issue or a setting feature? Thanks.

What model bike do you have? I leave mine on RPM and it stays on that no matter whether I turn my bike on or off. Doesn’t sound right but if you have a B or TC model there may well be a lot more ‘tech’ to play with and maybe your settings are off? I think it’s fair to say a poor battery can and often does play havoc with electronics.

What model bike do you have? I leave mine on RPM and it stays on that no matter whether I turn my bike on or off. Doesn’t sound right but if you have a B or TC model there may well be a lot more ‘tech’ to play with and maybe your settings are off? I think it’s fair to say a poor battery can and often does play havoc with electronics.
Classic. I think you're right; it's probably the batt. I can set the time, but not the date.

I think the issue was a flat battery; not completely dead. However, to fix the tach issue, I followed a tip from another BMW motorcycle forum - can't recall the name. Unplug the neg batt cable overnight. Fixed it.

Edit: found the info on the Nine T Owners site.

Last edited:
Back