Staying cool,,,ways to do so

motoring

Apology, since thinking this topic has already been covered one figures…

So yes, we own a R18 of some trim so each can say we are the Cool kid on the block. Each of us, maybe more so then the other, since we each have our favorite trim we like :)

Though what about that other ‘cool’ factor of feeling cooler when riding to counteract high temps? Heck, not all of us live in States with cool weather many months of the year right.

When it comes to high/low tech cooling solutions to hot weather riding it seems we don’t have any car a/c answers. Well ok, maybe car a/c is not the goal though feeling cooler while riding the bike would be. Seems we are not there yet on that front (get it …cold ‘weather’ front lol).

Had screen now and again a few water containing devices designed to cool the rider though not thinking anything is out there yet to make it worth buying. Recall some large water bucket/jug thing strapped to a rear foot peg setup of some sort.

Any best solutions out there anyone has purchased which actually work?

At ant rate, stay Cool everyone be it by; looking good or riding in cooler weather

Not really an issue for us here in the UK most of the year but I recall watching a Matt Laidlaw video when they were going to Zion National park and some of them had cooling vests on, seems like a cheap and simple enough option which worked for them but maybe not to everyone’s taste.

Yes, have one of those buried at the house somewhere, will need to pull it out probably. Just wet it then cover with a shirt and ride. Find water later to wet it again as needed else carry a bit in a small bottle :)

Apology, since thinking this topic has already been covered one figures…

So yes, we own a R18 of some trim so each can say we are the Cool kid on the block. Each of us, maybe more so then the other, since we each have our favorite trim we like :)

Though what about that other ‘cool’ factor of feeling cooler when riding to counteract high temps? Heck, not all of us live in States with cool weather many months of the year right.

When it comes to high/low tech cooling solutions to hot weather riding it seems we don’t have any car a/c answers. Well ok, maybe car a/c is not the goal though feeling cooler while riding the bike would be. Seems we are not there yet on that front (get it …cold ‘weather’ front lol).

Had screen now and again a few water containing devices designed to cool the rider though not thinking anything is out there yet to make it worth buying. Recall some large water bucket/jug thing strapped to a rear foot peg setup of some sort.

Any best solutions out there anyone has purchased which actually work?

At ant rate, stay Cool everyone be it by; looking good or riding in cooler weather
I have a Classic and multiple jackets so I have ~4 levels of cooling I do. First is I remove the liner on the riding jacket I mostly use with the R18 (RevIt Livingstone, similar design to Belstaff). This typically happens when the temps stay above 55F. Next as the temps stay above 65F, I take the windshield off to get more wind blast to cool me down. As temps continue to climb into the 80s I switch to my RevIt Tornado 3 mesh jacket which being light colored reflects a lot of sun energy and the mesh directs air to cool me down. Finally when it’s crazy hot, I add in my Macna cooling vest. This is a vest that fills with water as opposed to being soaked in water. It then can slowly evaporate (normally last 2-3 days of riding for me). Easily drops the temperature feeling by 10-15F vs just the mesh jacket.

Back