Sidecar

Watsonian-Squire chair. Took forever to get from the UK, due to pandemic and Brexit supply-chain issues. Just picked it up on Tuesday, and took it out on local roads in both Rain and Road modes. Still getting the ballast placement squared away. Rake on the standard R18 slows steering somewhat, so some tinkering may be in order. Given the torque, tugging a sidecar is not an issue for this bike. More as the miles add up.

its so beautiful... I almost went for the Sterling model since it's made specifically for the R18.. but my wife says she's not a dog...... I also don't want to lose the 2 wheel experience.

too funny...smart man on both counts though indeed a sidecar on an r18 would be way cool me thinks. I do though wonder if it would make a difference if one had a base R18 vs a B or TC model when it comes to suspension comfort. I had always thought, due to the sidecar rig, that the bike back end sort of becomes a hard tail (aka no really rear suspension else very little due to being bolted to a side car).

If such is the case wonder then if an R18 will give about as much comfort suspension wise as a B or TC when car is attached.

Stunning! I would love to go this route for my business estimating ride and say good by to my 54' Chevy sedan delivery. Such eye-candy.

Back