• Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.
  • A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Side Reflectors

  • <i class="fa--xf fal fa-check "><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" role="img" aria-hidden="true" ><use href="/data/local/icons/light.svg?v=1791081245#check"></use></svg></i> Discussion starter Discussion starter Grasshopper
  • Start date Start date

Grasshopper

New member
Joined
Feb 12, 2025
Messages
24
Location
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Bike
2024 R18 Roctane
I have an R18 Roctane. I would like to remove the side reflectors on the front two wheel shocks, and the two saddlebags. Has anyone done this and are there any problems? Assume they are glued on? And the removal doesn't leave any gaps, etc?
 
I use fishing line during the Summer season, or fishing line coupled with a heat-gun on low during the Winter colder seasons; get the fishing line between the double-sided tape and the fork surface, and work the line back & forth while pulling downward.

I used the same method as described above to remove the reflectors off of my Model B side cases.
 
Thank you very much for your replys. I was concerned that the reflectors were "plugged in", rather than glued.

Used a hair dryer as recommended. Anything left over took care of with some turps and washed up with soap and water.
Again, Thanks!
 
I appreciate you taking them off and they áre eye sores. Point is that they are mandatory. Just for if you happen to have periodic inspection in your count(r)y or get an overachieving cop.
My sidecar was just refused because the reflectors had the wrong homologation numbers on the side and rear of the boot.
 
I appreciate you taking them off and they áre eye sores. Point is that they are mandatory. Just for if you happen to have periodic inspection in your count(r)y or get an overachieving cop.
My sidecar was just refused because the reflectors had the wrong homologation numbers on the side and rear of the boot.
Not in all parts of Australia and I assume it depends on each country/state.
 
Back
Top