Service Lift for 2022 R18 B

LCRC18B

Hello Friends,

Does anyone know if a regular motorcycle lift like this one, Bike Lift, will work with an R18 B?

From the thread I saw it looks like you might also need this adapter?? I'd like to get a setup, so I can do my own maintenance on the easy stuff, as I hope to put lots of miles on the bike and have it for a long time. Thanks for any feedback.

I haven't researched the aftermarket yet so cannot comment on them, but...

I checked with the shop ay my dealer and was shown the aux stand the dealer uses, from BMW. It's a pretty sturdy stand and requires the model-specific adaptor plate (TC, in my case). I was quoted US$550 for it

Last edited:
I haven't researched the aftermarket yet so cannot comment on them, but...

I checked with the shop ay my dealer and was shown the aux stand the dealer uses, from BMW. It's a pretty sturdy stand and requires the model-specific adaptor plate (TC, in my case). I was quoted US$550 for it
Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

I own a Big Blue lift and so far they do not offer an adapter for my unit on the R18 I am hopeful they will SOON Please ! ! ! I love to work and clean my bike and a Big Blue adapter is needed...

I own a Big Blue lift and so far they do not offer an adapter for my unit on the R18 I am hopeful they will SOON Please ! ! ! I love to work and clean my bike and a Big Blue adapter is needed...
Can I see a picture of your lift? Please

Ok, here you go, it shows my Victory on the lift for a clutch cable maintenance and rear tire replacement. A dandy easy to use lift that is safe and a delight to own, made in the UK !! I have more and better images but the drive is not in my computer right now.... James

Attachments

• Big Blue  _  5765.jpg
    Big Blue _ 5765.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • Big Blue motorcycle lift  _ 5756.jpg
    Big Blue motorcycle lift _ 5756.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
I found it after buying the big Victory. Sold by Donald Willick in Canada... Very fine unit sturdy, high quality it will last a lifetime and so easy to use.... jp

I have just spent some time cleaning my R18 and find on inspection the frame is above the Exhaust system, leaving me facing a problem, can I trust the engine case to support the weight of the bike ? were that the case, I could build a wooden spacer to sit on my Big Blue and just lift it like I did the Indian and Victory, without checking, I would be very reluctant to lift a heavy bike like this with the engine as a contact point ? Please give me your thoughts on this, I do love using my Big Blue lift... jp

I have just spent some time cleaning my R18 and find on inspection the frame is above the Exhaust system, leaving me facing a problem, can I trust the engine case to support the weight of the bike ? were that the case, I could build a wooden spacer to sit on my Big Blue and just lift it like I did the Indian and Victory, without checking, I would be very reluctant to lift a heavy bike like this with the engine as a contact point ? Please give me your thoughts on this, I do love using my Big Blue lift... jp
There is special adapters for lifting. Part num 83305A24474 or good friend in machine shop :)

Attachments

• support.jpg
    support.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 112
  • supp1.JPG
    supp1.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 110
  • supp2.JPG
    supp2.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 111
Just a quick FYI on 83305A24474: If you have changed out the exhaust system for a third party (eg Freedom Performance) that does not incorporate the hanger bosses ... it will not work.

Back