Second BMW for me

GreySix

Hi all! Pulled the trigger on a new R18 Tranny a few months ago and really enjoy it - traded in my 13 K1600 GTL for it.

Have owns several bikes over the years including three H-Ds and a Honda GW, but I've found my home with Beamers.

GreySix R18.jpeg

The one issue I have with the bike is the mirror-finish cellphone and fuel cap cover which reflects sunlight directly into my eyes on sunny days - which are plentiful around here.

I'm hoping to find either a replacement cover or just a flat-black sticker to place on the chrome finish.

Welcome! I've noticed the reflection from the chrome on the tank, was thinking about putting a wrap on it, but haven't actually done it yet. I believe this has been mentioned on the site but haven't seen anyone post a solution yet. Most of the time it's a non-issue, but occasionally when travelling can be a bit persistent. My fullface usually blocks most or all of it, so it's more of an infrequent irritation, but it can be quite the spike.

Last edited:
Welcome! I sold my 2018 K1600 Grand America to get the R18 TC. It’s a very nice bike, but I miss the storage capacity especially with the side bags. The sound system is awesome, but I’m always using a helmet headset, so more storage space is lost. The ability to carve twisties is now much slower, more work and less enjoyable.

Hi all! Pulled the trigger on a new R18 Tranny a few months ago and really enjoy it - traded in my 13 K1600 GTL for it.

Have owns several bikes over the years including three H-Ds and a Honda GW, but I've found my home with Beamers.

View attachment 6107

The one issue I have with the bike is the mirror-finish cellphone and fuel cap cover which reflects sunlight directly into my eyes on sunny days - which are plentiful around here.

I'm hoping to find either a replacement cover or just a flat-black sticker to place on the chrome finish.
Agree on the reflection

Welcome GreySix!

I also jettisoned my 2018 Goldwing in favor a new TC. I have owned many Indians, Victory, Kawasaki, and others including six or seven previous BMWs over the years. I really like this TC.

Like you, I immediately complained about the sun glare off of the Gas tank filler door. I was going to put a sticker on it when someone suggested wrapping it. I stopped by a wrap shop and was told their minimum job was $500.00. I laughed and said thanks but no thanks.

The owner then gifted me with about 5 square feet of wrap and told me I could easily do the job myself With some practice. Well, I got it right on the first attempt and still have some left over that I could send you? Or you could do what I did and go visit a wrap shop and they would likely just give you a small piece of wrap. See photos below for more info…

F81579CE-19D8-4EB9-B0A9-7BDA7C57FC0B.jpeg437561F0-A525-41C9-9443-6A0DF29E6C14.jpeg8BBDD82C-AC96-4FBD-9D2D-F880346CA278.jpeg

Back