Seats and seats...

motoring

Opinions between getting a Weekender, Cross County or Day Rider seat? I would like what offers the most cushion over bumps since I am getting the base R18 model. Dealer was willing to swap out the stock seat for the Day Rider at no charge on the sale of the bike (in brown as I figured that would add some color to the bike). He says it is really up to the rider what a person likes it seems. There would be a $200 up charge if I change from the Day Rider to either the Weekender or Cross County seat.

Perfect, thank you for that thread link. Very informative. I will ask the dealer to set aside a Weekender for me even though it is a $200 upgrade from the free upgrade they give me to the Day Rider.

Though the Day Rider has the better look I figure I all about comfort (function over style when it comes to seats) so thinking the extra $200 spent will be the way to go once I am at the shop.

Won't be a Cross County which would be more comfortable yet. Hum, maybe will ask they keep that aside as well for me to look over even though it will give the bike a Bertha butt.

I will continue my thoughts on the other seat thread provided.

Last edited:
Dealer does not have a Weekender in stock so his call if he wants to order one though realize I might not upgrade to it from the Day Rider. Me thinks, though I won’t like the look, I should end up getting the Cross County. The short rear travel of 3.5” makes me ‘feel’ I will benefit from the most seat cushioning I can get on a seat. I have always loved Corbin, firm in the beginning though never had the foam bottom out when my ass was on it riding. They make great seats. For the $200 upgrade the dealer is charging me I will do the Cross County. Will check my notes, thinking it allows for rider base rest. Sadly it only comes in Black.

Opinions between getting a Weekender, Cross County or Day Rider seat? I would like what offers the most cushion over bumps since I am getting the base R18 model. Dealer was willing to swap out the stock seat for the Day Rider at no charge on the sale of the bike (in brown as I figured that would add some color to the bike). He says it is really up to the rider what a person likes it seems. There would be a $200 up charge if I change from the Day Rider to either the Weekender or Cross County seat.
Most cushion over the bumps is by properly setting the preload on the bike. The aftermarket seats add more support with a wider saddle than the stock seat and some lumbar support. I have the Weekender on my Classic. With the stock seat, my butt was hurting after about 45 minutes. With the weekender, that stretches out to about 3 hours before I want a break. I generally don't try to ride multiple hours straight with no breaks, so for my purpose this is fine. I've done all day rides of 400+ miles with breaks on the Weekender and had no issues.

Back