Saigon to Hanoi 2023

D

Deleted member 939

Some of you folks know my wife is Vietnamese and we have a place here in HoChiMin(Saigon)City.The is the first we have been able to visit due to schedules and Covid.
We will be here till the end of April.Anyway,we are planning a trip to all the cities up the coast to Hanoi.We will do a China sea cruise in Ha Long Bay and take 3-4 weeks touring the country.
A few years ago I purchased a new Honda Rebel 300 that is the perfect bike for here.Givi Bags and trunk.Anyway,the weather is in the 80s and is the dry season so we should have a bunch of fun.I have a stop & Go tire repair kit w/air compressor and just did a complete service.I changed the oil myself.LOL,1.5 qts with filter.I had the Honda shop flush change fluids in the radiator,brake system and service the front forks and install new seals w/new fluid.Chain adjust and completely gone over.$150 total.Yeah,Labor is cheap here and also installed a K&N air filter at Saigon Max Speed shop.$55 installed.
Retirement is great and I highly recommend it.

20230209_135914.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

Awesome! I love the countryside from Saigon to Hanoi.
Ha Long bay also beautiful and check out the cave if you have time.

Attachments

• 20171021_205946.jpg
    20171021_205946.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 14
  • 20171021_231618.jpg
    20171021_231618.jpg
    884.8 KB · Views: 15
Awesome! I love the countryside from Saigon to Hanoi.
Ha Long bay also beautiful and check out the cave if you have time.
Yeah thx,I've been to Kong island where you take row in boats thru the tunnel and come out into the area where they filmed the last King Kong movie.

Very pretty lady! What happened to the tank on the Rebel?

Thx,nothing happened to the tank.It is a reflection of my wifes helment in the photo.
IMG_1204.JPG
Having it washed at a local car wash.

Last edited by a moderator:
How safe is Vietnam to travel on two wheels? Crime, infrastructure, hospitals...

Lovely couple!
Safer than the USA.Almost everyone rides 2 wheels here.Their cars are scooters.The only crimes I have heard of are pick pockets in the inter-larger cities.
Only the police have guns here.No drive by's.The police are allowed 1 shot in the air for a warning,then can only shoot you in the arm or leg(1 time).
No head shots or multi discharging of a fire arm.I've been coming here for 6 years and never seen or heard of a shot being fired by anyone.
There are some great modern hospitals here.
Thx,I did not plan to remarry but I married up for sure.My wife has multi degrees,2 masters and a PhD(41years old).

Very pretty lady! What happened to the tank on the Rebel?
You can see the reflection of my wifes pink & white helmet,If you look closely at the tank.Kinda like the ice cubes that show skulls and the like in a Pepsi or Coke advertisement print.:cool:

You can see the reflection of my wifes pink & white helmet,If you look closely at the tank.Kinda like the ice cubes that show skulls and the like in a Pepsi or Coke advertisement print.:cool:
Yes sir I can see now it was just a reflection, sorry for the mistake.

Yes sir I can see now it was just a reflection, sorry for the mistake.
Oh no,good eye my friend.
I did not notice it at all.But I then I showed it to my wife.She immediately pointed out the reflection.:)

Some of you folks know my wife is Vietnamese and we have a place here in HoChiMin(Saigon)City.The is the first we have been able to visit due to schedules and Covid.
We will be here till the end of April.Anyway,we are planning a trip to all the cities up the coast to Hanoi.We will do a China sea cruise in Ha Long Bay and take 3-4 weeks touring the country.
A few years ago I purchased a new Honda Rebel 300 that is the perfect bike for here.Givi Bags and trunk.Anyway,the weather is in the 80s and is the dry season so we should have a bunch of fun.I have a stop & Go tire repair kit w/air compressor and just did a complete service.I changed the oil myself.LOL,1.5 qts with filter.I had the Honda shop flush change fluids in the radiator,brake system and service the front forks and install new seals w/new fluid.Chain adjust and completely gone over.$150 total.Yeah,Labor is cheap here and also installed a K&N air filter at Saigon Max Speed shop.$55 installed.
Retirement is great and I highly recommend it.

View attachment 9022

View attachment 9023
Hey its been a few years since I was there, what is the name of the bar that has the yellow surfboard over the entrance inside? Written in Red across it is "Charlie Don't surf!" LOL ! Only got to spend a few days there, saw a few of the sights, waiting for another crew to bring a plane in. but I really enjoyed myself. people were very friendly. That was back in about 2008. My time in that part of the world before that was early 70's, and well......... interesting!

Hey its been a few years since I was there, what is the name of the bar that has the yellow surfboard over the entrance inside? Written in Red across it is "Charlie Don't surf!" LOL ! Only got to spend a few days there, saw a few of the sights, waiting for another crew to bring a plane in. but I really enjoyed myself. people were very friendly. That was back in about 2008. My time in that part of the world before that was early 70's, and well......... interesting!
Good one.
Don't know the name of the bar since I don't drink.Just stopped there to pick up a Stop&Go tire patch kit from across the street.
& yeah,the folks are great here.
Thx for the reach out,TK

Yeah thx,I've been to Kong island where you take row in boats thru the tunnel and come out into the area where they filmed the last King Kong movie.
Ah yes, Ninh Bình that's another beautiful place where they filmed a King Kong movie, it’s also my mom's birthplace.
Wishing you both a safe and joyful journey ahead.

Back