Russell Seat Reflections

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

1) I understand why they call it a day long seat. It supports the body buttocks all the way around. There is no sliding or slipping forward. It is remarkably comfortable.

2) The location of the pocket is determined by the two profile pics you submit of you sitting on the bike. If you are 6 ft or taller, you may want to sit toward the back of the rider part of the stock seat. If you are 5'8" like me, I recommend you sit a bit forward in the stock seat. If the Russell pocket is toward the back of the seat and you are a short guy, you may find yourself leaning forward just a tad to reach the bars.

3) I included a backrest with my seat build. This is not necessary if your upper body is tilted forward while riding. For laidback riders like me, I prefer the straight up sit as on the R1200c. The R1200c had perfect ergonomics for my style of riding. (I still am sad they stopped production on that bike in 2005)

4) The heat feature is preserved and works well with the new build. There is a small fee for keeping the heater function. Be sure to specify you want the heated seat option on the new build.

5) Once you contact Russell to order a new seat, you will likely wait 90-100 days. I waited three full months this summer to send them my seat. They build the seat from your seat pan which guarantees it will fit on your bike. I was grounded for 12 days, 4 to 5 days shipping, 3 days in the shop, 4 days shipped back.

Back