Running lights

No matter what I try I can’t get center part of the headlight to light up. Is this something that you have to program in the computer system? I have high and low beam but not the center light. 2022 FE. Thanks in advance, Jim

Not sure on the FE as I can’t remember well the design but I think that on the B for instance, the centre does not lit up unless it gets dark. The halo is the one that is constantly on and as the lights are automatically controlled, as soon as it gets dark, then the rest of the headlamp will lit up.
On the FE, you have a LED bar across the lamp, correct?
Is this the part that does not lit up or is it the deep centre of the headlamp, in essence your full beam the one that does not?

Not sure if on the FE the lights are automatically controlled either.

What do you mean by 'Center Light'? there is only Low and High beam on the FE ... that bar across the center does not light up ... can you take a picture and annotate it to show what you mean?

It’s between the top and bottom of the light and is grey. There is a small round center and the ends of the grey bar turn upward. Yes I think it is a led bar. Every first edition I’ve seen, this center piece lights up when they start the bike. I can’t take a pic because I am on vacation in Florida for 2 months. I just joined the forum and was hoping it was something simple. Maybe not. Thanks for the replies.

Now I will have to look on mine .. usually I am not in front of the bike when I start it ;) I will let you know when I had a chance to check.

Have it checked out by the dealership. I believe this light bar comes on automatically when the ignition is switched on.
Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

... or go through the settings page for your display ... I seem to vaguely remember something about DRL there ... but then I might be mistaken and you just got a dud light .. in that case sorry to hear ... the good thing is that these lights are more readily available than the ones for the TC .. they use the same ones on the late model R9T

... or go through the settings page for your display ... I seem to vaguely remember something about DRL there ... but then I might be mistaken and you just got a dud light .. in that case sorry to hear ... the good thing is that these lights are more readily available than the ones for the TC .. they use the same ones on the late model R9T
Well i'll be dipped!!! ... I just checked and yes I have that too .. never noticed .. sorry :)

Back