Rude interruption of riding season

Michigan Tim

Elite Member
Less than 24 hours removed from an emergency appendectomy. Routine surgery by most standards, but damn is it uncomfortable. Trying to avoid the narcotic pain killers as I’ve known two guys who got badly addicted after such an experience. I’m being told to not lift anything heavier than 10 lbs for the next four weeks as well as no golf nor motorcycle riding for those same four weeks. The summers are short enough around here without having to miss a chunk of it. Has anyone else had a similar surgery and got back on the bike sooner than the four weeks? I can see golf with the major torque of the midsection throughout the swing, but riding, except for the bumpiness, is fairly isolating in the mid-section. Just look at so many of our Harley friends and their sculpted mid-sections! 😉

Less than 24 hours removed from an emergency appendectomy. Routine surgery by most standards, but damn is it uncomfortable. Trying to avoid the narcotic pain killers as I’ve known two guys who got badly addicted after such an experience. I’m being told to not lift anything heavier than 10 lbs for the next four weeks as well as no golf nor motorcycle riding for those same four weeks. The summers are short enough around here without having to miss a chunk of it. Has anyone else had a similar surgery and got back on the bike sooner than the four weeks? I can see golf with the major torque of the midsection throughout the swing, but riding, except for the bumpiness, is fairly isolating in the mid-section. Just look at so many of our Harley friends and their sculpted mid-sections! 😉
Get well soon but hey! lay off of us Harley riders...you can't hear our fuel pumps!! (not running, or loud pipes or loud valve trains? heheh)

Ask your surgeon what the rationale is behind no riding for a month. If the answer is hernia, ask him/her what their incidence of trochar site hernia is and if there are any specific concerns from your case. Do it in a nice way, of course. If the answer makes sense to you, then abide by the recs. There’ll still be some riding season left in a month.

/glad you’re ok

Back