Roland Sand Design solo seat

Mark

Just got the RSD seat. Same shape and height as stock, just softer.
Not an easy fit but nicely put together. Would suggest waiting to see if there are any other after market seats available as this doesn't make a big difference.

Not an easy fit but nicely put together. Would suggest waiting to see if there are any other after market seats available as this doesn't make a big difference.
please post a picture

Sorry photos were in wrong file type
Thanks for the pictures, its easy to see why it doesn’t provide much improvement over stock. Of course it’s a matter of personal taste but I don’t think it looks much better either. No offense intended. Thanks for letting us see it, and your opinion of it.

Thanks for the pictures, its easy to see why it doesn’t provide much improvement over stock. Of course it’s a matter of personal taste but I don’t think it looks much better either. No offense intended. Thanks for letting us see it, and your opinion of it.
No problem - only bonus is it is softer

Please elaborate on the "not an easy fit"
The back bolt hole is on a steel plate which is higher than the OEM seat - so when bolting it down, with the pillion connection it was difficult to get all three bolts into place. The pillion seat then had to be pushed and held while trying to fasten the bolt - not easily aligned. Would be better to just install it as a solo seat - I would have if I had a over for the pillion bolt hole. Hope that makes sense!

The back bolt hole is on a steel plate which is higher than the OEM seat - so when bolting it down, with the pillion connection it was difficult to get all three bolts into place. The pillion seat then had to be pushed and held while trying to fasten the bolt - not easily aligned. Would be better to just install it as a solo seat - I would have if I had a over for the pillion bolt hole. Hope that makes sense!
Here is the Pillion Delete part numbers.... I have an extra pair of the footpeg delete blockoffs

51 71 7 056 053 (2) - Foot Peg Holes
46 62 9 444 675 (1) - Fender Hole

Mark, still thinking not big difference with the stock seat? Talking about comfort and back pain. I‘m looking for seat options... thanks in advance

I have a Corbin solo seat arriving this week. I'll post photos and give my review of it then.
Does it look anything like this one? Rode 400 miles on the stock seat, 246 mile ride home from the dealer the day I picked up the bike. Have over 400 miles on this seat no comparison in comfort. Park bench to a Lazy Boy.

2021:03:04-1 copy.jpg

Back