Roadstyler Rear/Bag Guards

I've been wondering what the R18 lean angle is, and whether or not the engine protection bar would prevent the rear side cases from getting damaged if the bike was to experience a low speed drop - while practicing tight U-Turns ...

This is an area where HD has perfected these types of drops.

Hey everyone was wondering if anybody here has put a set of these guys on their bikes yet?

I'm really curious about the installation process of them, and how much protection they offer along with the front crash guard.
I put the ROADSTYLER rear protection bars on my bike. Their welds, finish and chrome are about as good as it gets. They are excellent to do business with. I wish they made more accessories for BMW. As far as protection goes I'm fairly sure if I drop my bike they will save my pipes and bags. They were super easy to install and fit perfectly.

Please post pictures! How was the install process? Looking at them on the site made me a little worried that I would have to drill into the fender or something.
I put the ROADSTYLER rear protection bars on my bike. Their welds, finish and chrome are about as good as it gets. They are excellent to do business with. I wish they made more accessories for BMW. As far as protection goes I'm fairly sure if I drop my bike they will save my pipes and bags. They were super easy to install and fit perfectly.

Hopefully they show off more of it soon, because right they don't have too much available from what I've checked.
helibar is making one too, would like to see what they have to offer

Please post pictures! How was the install process? Looking at them on the site made me a little worried that I would have to drill into the fender or something.

Hopefully they show off more of it soon, because right they don't have too much available from what I've checked.
NO DRILLING. NOTHING. IF IT COMES FROM ROADSTYLER IT WILL FIT AND BOLT UP PERFECTLY. Front protection bars, rear protection bars, and soft bag mounts...all perfect. No issues at all. Don't e afraid of the cheap pricing from Roadstyler. Their chrome is first rate. I don't know when I could get a chance to take pics. it would be a few weeks.

Also, please note, the Roadstyler rear protection bars do not wrap around the hard bags. The Roadstyler rear protection bars will save your bike and your legs, though.

I was about to place the order for the Roadstyler but then I read at the bottom that it wouldn't work on my R18 Classic and that was a pretty big bummer for me. If anyone has info about it working with the classic I would love that, as I really like the Idea of something being able to protect the bags and the rear of the bike.

Can anyone confirm? Roadstyler tell me that VAT (sales tax) is not charged - important as UK customs are hot on charging for it, but the check out is charging me the same (pre shipping costs) as a delivery to mainland Europe. Can any Europeans confirm that it is tax free?

When you do the online order it does not charge you VAT necessarily, however, once the item arrives at the Customs depot, they will issue a VAT invoice which usually the post man will ask you to go to the nearest office and pay for it or you receive an electronic payment request courtesy of HMRC.

My girlfriend ordered the cylinder covers for my birthday last year and a few days before being received at home she got a request for £92.00 to cover the VAT because the items came from mainland Europe.
Anything within EEA I am assuming will be exempt.

That's my point, at checkout I put a spoof DE address in and apart from the shipping cost the price was the same indicating that VAT is being charged as all EU sales charge VAT. The UK and outside the EU should be VAT free. Just put in their own PO address which definately charges VAT...same price

1713785595461.png

Last edited:
Back