Rider Comfort

Hi , I am considering changing the stock seat on my 2022 Classic , i find i sit right back to the seat hump to be comfortable , i,m 5"10 and have a 32 inch inside leg , any idea,s would be welcome i have looked at BMW Mustang , and Corbin .Thanks .

Russell Day-long raises me up about 2 inches and lets me slide back to the stop. Have a Mustang Weekender as well (selling) a d it raised me up about an inch but also pushed me forward about an inch; not uncomfortable just took some getting used to. It is a nice seat but I prefer the RDL.

Attachments

• IMG_3782.jpeg
    IMG_3782.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3779.jpeg
    IMG_3779.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
Russell Day-long raises me up about 2 inches and lets me slide back to the stop. Have a Mustang Weekender as well (selling) a d it raised me up about an inch but also pushed me forward about an inch; not uncomfortable just took some getting used to. It is a nice seat but I prefer the RDL.
Yup Russel is is just down the road from me (over the Siskiyou's) if I know that earlier I would have made them make one for me . Goes to show what I know ;)

Yup Russel is is just down the road from me (over the Siskiyou's) if I know that earlier I would have made them make one for me . Goes to show what I know ;)
Russel seats are the ugliest things on earth but I always put them on my GS bikes :) They are magnificent. I opted for the weekender on my R18; Mustang makes a very solid product and it is a very good seat.

Russel seats are the ugliest things on earth but I always put them on my GS bikes :) They are magnificent. I opted for the weekender on my R18; Mustang makes a very solid product and it is a very good seat.
Was the installation of the Mustang easy? Thx.
I have Corbin Solo and it pushes me a bit forward but the seat itself is awesome.
Wonder if the Scot in solo seat will help me. I want to be pushed forward, closer to the hand controls. Am 5'4", 29" inseam. Thx.

I'm getting my original seat a "medical and memory foam conversion" done from Tom Hurley(scotland)
Will let you know how it goes

Update.... workmanship is brillant , thanks Tom Hurley for my seat.
Seat is now brillant, what a difference .

Last edited:
Reactions: SPR
The last time I had a Russell seat it was comfy and supportive, but it raised me up about an inch and a half. At 5'8" it took my heals off the ground.

Have you sold the weekender yet. At 5'4" I think I can spare an inch on the bike....... How much do you need from someone on a fixed budget? Hope to ride for a few more years.

Back