Reverse gear recall problem

What kind of issue? Yesterday I found that my bike is not working in reverse mode. The "R" is flashing. Tried once, twice, turning on and off the bike, then later at home but nothing...
And finally one day, my reverse died. Now that the warranty is out, the most the dealer has offered me is a 40% discount on the part and free work. Getting ready to pay $514. The only good thing is that the part is available and ready for exchange.

Diagnosis: internal short cut on the electronic board of the reverse module.

I have a 2021 1500 miles 3 months past warranty lose reverse needs a Control Unit Reverser - BMW-Motorrad (61358524078)
2016-2024 $800.00 plus install how does this happen 3 year old bike less then 2k miles and already needs a $1000.00 plus repair. What should i do???

I have a 2021 1500 miles 3 months past warranty lose reverse needs a Control Unit Reverser - BMW-Motorrad (61358524078)
2016-2024 $800.00 plus install how does this happen 3 year old bike less then 2k miles and already needs a $1000.00 plus repair. What should i do???
Cry. It happened to me, same issue, same answer of the dealer

I should sell mine to folks. Lol. Never used it. I did put a cool looking shifter on it tho

Thinking about it, I may have had one in my LT, and maybe one on a wing. Never used those either. I guess if my garage was lower than the street. Idk.

I have always avoided parking any bike in a downhill limited distance position. For that reason I have never used a reverse feature.
If facing a $1,000 expense to fix a reverse problem, I’d suggest my method of avoiding downhill parking.
Not trying to ignore your frustration.

I've used it only a few times and although it works perfect going bacwards 100% of the time, it is very difficult to get disengaged and back into neutral 90% of the time.

I've used it only a few times and although it works perfect going bacwards 100% of the time, it is very difficult to get disengaged and back into neutral 90% of the time.

I use it every time I return from riding, without any issues; I had a little bit of a learning curve adjustment during the first week or two of ownership, everything was well documented within the owners manual.

Best tip - remove the stress weight of the bike before switching out of Reverse; rock the bike forward and grab the front brake, it should easily come out of Reverse via the lever.

I have always avoided parking any bike in a downhill limited distance position. For that reason I have never used a reverse feature.
If facing a $1,000 expense to fix a reverse problem, I’d suggest my method of avoiding downhill parking.
Not trying to ignore your frustration.
I've used the reverse gear feature backing Alcina off her front wheel stand. Without the reverse gear, I'd need an external winch to overcome the tire lock.

Reverse gear is also handy for getting Alcina over the cement ridge into my garage. My view: If I paid for a feature, I should expect it to work, especially on a relatively new motorcycle 🤷‍♂️.

Her jugs are big and HEAVY!

Mike

Back