Replacements for Commander 3

I contacted Michelin with pictures of my 'flaking apart' front tire .. they gave me the run-around and in so many words told me to take a flying leap ... lesson learned, I won't buy any of their tires anymore.
View attachment 13723
Wow, mine is a '22 Classic and tires are '20 also, but with 4K miles, my front and rear have performed well and look pretty good. Maybe these tires like the Florida heat.

Attachments

• IMG_5906.jpeg
    IMG_5906.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5908.jpeg
    IMG_5908.jpeg
    7.7 MB · Views: 13
Wow, mine is a '22 Classic and tires are '20 also, but with 4K miles, my front and rear have performed well and look pretty good. Maybe these tires like the Florida heat.
LOL .. you have a lot more humidity than we have .. we have the triple digits in temperature .. and single digits in humidity! ... btw mine is a 21 FE so a much narrower tire than yours ;)

What did your bike have stock? Is the ME888 a better ride and less sound?
Ohhh good question! .. I tried the Metzler Cruisetec in the front and they seem to be a bit too soft for this heavy bike (FE narrow front tire). Started to 'cup' about 3000 miles in ... great tire, runs quiet and feels good ... but (IMO) maybe not the right tire for this bike ... was going to look at the ME 888 Marathon next ... it really would be good to know if it runs as quiet as the Cruisetec.

I have had great success with Dunlop Elite 4 tires on my Victory Vision. Will likely go to E4 on my TC but switch to all radial. The E4 has an 80H load rating and I'm hoping to get a bit better ride. The TC rides like a dump truck compared to my Vic.

Back