Removing tank badges

So did I and they are but they need to be probed out carefully so that the tank paint doesn’t get damaged

Try a guitar pick or something like that, and try sticking it under the edge in a few places, they should pop off then ... it is the rubber behind the roundel that may be sticking to it .. mine were a little stuck as well when I switched from chrome to copper ...

I suspect you know this, but just in case you don’t…Be careful, goo gone, and especially goof off can eat through any painted surface easily.
The stuff I use is citrus based and won’t harm painted surfaces. I’ve been using it for years without a single issue.

Saw a video the other day.
The guy first unscrewed two bolts.
Put some blue paper tape around the badge area.
Used dental floss and some credit card to easily remove the badge with no effort nor damage.
If I retrieve the link, will post it here.

Ok, I have just changed the roundels and one needs to probe them out an incy wincy, nothing excessive, just be brave. I put a cloth against the edge of the roundels and wedged a credit card in between and viola, they pop out. They are not glued or anything, it is just that the neoprene layer to cushion the roundels will stick to the paint job but will not break or take paint with it. Being brutally honest, I now don’t mind my original chrome roundels 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Try a guitar pick or something like that, and try sticking it under the edge in a few places, they should pop off then ... it is the rubber behind the roundel that may be sticking to it .. mine were a little stuck as well when I switched from chrome to copper ...
Exactly the advice I came to drop! Took out the screws, wedged the pick in there and “pop”. Easy enough.

Yep, mine just came off. Easy peasy. Here’s a note. I’m not that anal retentive and one of my friends realized I hadn’t aligned the slots on the screws to match on each side. I fixed it :-0

Well, I guess I will not have to worry about removing mine. Got a refund back from the company I ordered badges from, no explanation or any reason as to why they could not complete my order:mad:

Back