Recall in the UK - all models

Anibal

Site Supporter
Hi everyone.
I just received a letter dated yesterday regarding a recall.
As you can imagine, I instantly thought the headlight made it to a recall, however, the recall relates to the pin securing the foot rest for driver and passenger. It looks like this pin is likely to be affected by corrosion and break away. Other regions may be getting similar letters as I don’t believe the pin varies per region. It does not mention floorboards but I am assuming it is the same. Mine were coated with ACF-50 as I have been treating my cars, bikes and boat with this formula for years.

I received the same letter, the recall is for the retaining clip that holds the
pin in place, not the pin. Booked in to be replaced while they do the annual
service next week.

Interesting... wonder if this is a similar, or the same, issue.
This past summer, on a solo multi-state ride, lost the retaining clip (c-clip) & pin from the passenger floorboard ('22 TC). Discovered it after I got home when cleaning the bike & saw the floorboard was shifted/skewed in the bracket. Fortunately, didn't lose the floorboard or spacer.

Unfortunately the dealer needed over 2 weeks to get the replacement parts & ship them to me. I had another multi-state ride to do, this time 2-up, so I got an appropriate-size pin & a cotter pin from the local hardware store. I STILL haven't installed the new & correct bits to replace my jury-rigged pin & cotter pin 'temporary' fix. Hhhmmmm, could be another winter project. 😂

Hi everyone.
I just received a letter dated yesterday regarding a recall.
As you can imagine, I instantly thought the headlight made it to a recall, however, the recall relates to the pin securing the foot rest for driver and passenger. It looks like this pin is likely to be affected by corrosion and break away. Other regions may be getting similar letters as I don’t believe the pin varies per region. It does not mention floorboards but I am assuming it is the same. Mine were coated with ACF-50 as I have been treating my cars, bikes and boat with this formula for years.
Hi mate how do you apply acf 50

Hi mate how do you apply acf 50
Hello mate.
I normally clean the bike and ensure it is thoroughly dried before applying a decent amount of ACF50.

I normally do this once or twice a year preferably over the warmer months to ensure the bike is dry and the contact surfaces are at a nice ambient temperature. I pour some of the liquid from the main bottle into the spray bottle and start working my way up from underneath the bike/car to the top. It is not needed but you can place the spray bottle half filled into a pot of warm water to make the ACF50 inside runnier.
After spraying the bike let the liquid work its magic as it will penetrate every little cranny there is without loosen up any nuts or bolts. After that, just grab a rag and wipe any excess.
Avoid break disks, callipers, tyre surfaces and hot places like raw exhaust parts or cylinders. It is ok to be applied on the main engine block. Other than that the thing is safe to be applied everywhere else.
It should last for up to 12 months on places that are not too exposed.
I have quoted a link below. It is just a random site for the purpose of info.

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com...MI6Jv4vP7GggMV94lQBh3lEQcxEAQYAyABEgKRQfD_BwE

Last edited:
I received these letters as well, unfortunately I no longer own either and no option on the form to tell BMW which is unusual from other recall letters I’ve had. I’m hoping they will contact the DVLA to obtain the correct details.

Alternatively, if the new owners of HN22 EMK or RE71 ZHU are on here, get yourself booked in at your local dealer 👍🏻

Back