Rear Bag Guards

51rhC

Site Supporter
I’m looking for rear bag guards for my Transcontinental. So far I am only aware of two options.

Roadstyler. These seem to be the most affordable. They are from Poland, so shipping is pricey. I’m also not sure if it has the suspension issue that the Wunderlich’s first version had.

Wunderlich. Expensive, but well made and they resolved the suspension issue with a new version.

Are there any other options currently available?

If anyone has personal experience, please share.

I have the Roadstyler version. No complaints, very nice fit and finish. They are like the ones on my Harley Road King, just a simple loop design. I haven't tested their effectiveness yet ;) fingers crossed.

I don't see why it would have any suspension related issues, it has 2 mounting points, one behind the bag and one on the passenger footpeg.

I've had the Wunderlich case protectors on my TC for some time now, no issues at all and they look great.
They attach at three points, one under the seat on the rear frame, one on the passenger foot-peg and one behind the bag.

@VARG How did you determine the torque values when reassembling during installation?
The instructions for the Wunderlich case guards indicate the torque values in Nm, see illustrations on page 2.
The instructions are shipped with the product, some longer screws, a few washers, some zip-ties, and they provide a small tube of blue threadlock.

The install took a few hours, with an extra hour for cleaning while the bike was apart.
The wiring harness plugs were simple once i figured them out, unplug the rectangular part from the oval section, then release the catch under the oval part and slide it off the rails on the base.

Link to instructions:
https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mm5/instructions/18120000-002.pdf

Last edited:
Back