Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.
A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.
I don't get it. It's not a cruiser. It's not a sport bike. It's not a UJM naked. It's not a retro. It's an expensive over weight single seat motorcycle with an unnecessarily big low revving torquey engine. Who are they marketing to? I doubt it will effectively compete with the performance cruiser segment like the Triumph Rocket, Ducati Diavel and Suzuki M109. I'm all in favor of different kinds of bikes but I don't see what BMW is going for with this one.
I just sold my Diavel V4 and will wait for the R20.
Why do people still buy Rolex when there's an Apple Watch out there?
Even the R18 doesn't make much sense!
I don't ride my bikes out of need but out of choice.
We don't only need bikes that make sense, but bikes that are different, desirable, challenging, unique.
IMO
I wonder if the steep depreciation on the early R18s will impact how quickly people will "buy in" to the R20 platform.... ie "early adopter hesitancy".
From what I read some time ago the newish then CEO was a bit critical of the R18 and it seemed the R20 was his baby, so a bit might hang on it for him.