R18B Crash Bar Lower wind deflectors

Bvick

I'm wondering if anyone has added the lower wind deflectors that fit on the crash bar, (that the TC comes with) to a R18B. They are available out of China (AliExpress) at reasonable cost, but I think the signal lights would contact the deflector when the steering is turned to it's limit, therefore signal light modification would be necessary. Any info on this would be appreciated. Tks

Yes, my Model B has almost all of the great attributes that a TC has in terms of wind management and forward lighting; minus the rear top case.

PXL_20240525_203401222.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

Last edited:
I think I posted the Lower Leg Wind Protection installation document (PDF) before I was deleted "scottsemone"

Attachments

• R 18 Model B Installation of TC Auxiliary Lights and Winglets.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 23
I was hoping to find out if one can add the lower leg protectors without modifying the signal turning lights.
The turn signals don't have anything to do with the lower Leg Wind Protection, which mounts onto the engine protection bar.

Maybe you're thinking of the fairing mounted Winglets, which will interfere with the Model B directionals. Maybe go.with the mini directionals, if adding the Winglets.

Ok, tks. I was under the impression that the stock signal lights (directionals) on a 18B would contact the lower leg protectors when the steering was turned all the way. I do know that they interfere with the BMW winglets if you put them on. I didn't know that mini directionals were available. Tks for the heads up.

Ok, tks. I was under the impression that the stock signal lights (directionals) on a 18B would contact the lower leg protectors when the steering was turned all the way. I do know that they interfere with the BMW winglets if you put them on. I didn't know that mini directionals were available. Tks for the heads up.

Ahhh... I read through your original question again and I now understand; I apologize, I actually don't know the answer to your question, since I swapped out the Model B directionals for the TC Auxiliary Lights & Directionals.

I was cleaning my bike earlier today in the garage (it's raining all day here in NJ) and giving your question some thoughts and moving the handlebars back & fourth while looking at the wind protection; if I had to guess, I don't think the Model B directionals will make contact with the Lower Leg Wind Protection pieces.. Full Disclosure: I'm not 100% sure though...

Ahhh... I read through your original question again and I now understand; I apologize, I actually don't know the answer to your question, since I swapped out the Model B directionals for the TC Auxiliary Lights & Directionals.

I was cleaning my bike earlier today in the garage (it's raining all day here in NJ) and giving your question some thoughts and moving the handlebars back & fourth while looking at the wind protection; if I had to guess, I don't think the Model B directionals will make contact with the Lower Leg Wind Protection pieces.. Full Disclosure: I'm not 100% sure though...
One can buy the lower protectors from AliExpress, China, painted and ready for $400 ca. They say that they provide an offset bracket for the directionals with the purchase. They say nothing to worry about. Guess I'll order them. I'll be smater once I get their package. Will post.
By the way, your bike looks great. Love the black. Mine is Galaxy dust. Very nice as well. Great bikes! Cheers.

For anyone interested, I have installed lower leg wind protection on my 2022 R18B. The stock front directional lights needed to be moved forward as they did contact the leg protectors when the steering was near the limit.

Attachments

• IMG_20240614_185155.jpg
    IMG_20240614_185155.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240614_185125.jpg
    IMG_20240614_185125.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 14
For anyone interested, I have installed lower leg wind protection on my 2022 R18B. The stock front directional lights needed to be moved forward as they did contact the leg protectors when the steering was near the limit.
Are the fairing Winglets that you installed the BMW OEM part, or an aftermarket piece?

Are the fairing Winglets that you installed the BMW OEM part, or an aftermarket piece?
I installed aftermarket fairing winglets and the lower wind deflectors. I would bet that that lower wind deflectors are a copy of the OEM ones. They really look good and work very well. Small brakets to move the signal lights forward a bit, came with the purchase. I am very happy with the purchase.

I installed aftermarket fairing winglets and the lower wind deflectors. I would bet that that lower wind deflectors are a copy of the OEM ones. They really look good and work very well. Small brakets to move the signal lights forward a bit, came with the purchase. I am very happy with the purchase.
Ahh.....I see that now when I look closer at the pictures.. the lower Leg Wind Protection looks just like the OEM parts.. probably way cheaper cost wise to...

Ahh.....I see that now when I look closer at the pictures.. the lower Leg Wind Protection looks just like the OEM parts.. probably way cheaper cost wise to...
Total $400 ca delivered from china and they seem like good quality. A R18b order gets you the signsl light offsets included. But signak light wiring has to be extended.

Back