R18 Front Fork Brace

Hi,

Is there anyone considering to install the front fork brace/ stabilizer to reduce the front wheel wobble?

Which item is proper to install onto R18?

Below pictures are just samples for reference, not the choices.
Front Fork Brace-1.jpgFront Fork Brace-2.jpg

I can't tell which model of R 18 you ride, but the Classic comes with a steering damper, stock. Perhaps a retrofit is a viable solution for you?

Since B & TC has cruise control, its probably why BMW installed a steering damper. Do you think non-cruise FE riders should consider a steering damper. Is it really worth it? or maybe hear pros and cons of having it or not.
Hello there, I asked my BMW dealer if I can add the steering damper on my FE without cruise control. The answer was possible they tried to install on a customer FE model but very labor intensive and expensive. I believe he said parts and labour cost was around $1500.00.

Maybe get some pictures of R18 models equipped with Cruise Control, and see if your bike's triple tree and frame can accommodate the steering damper assembly; maybe install it yourself and save some money?

Screenshot_20230401-062412.png

Hello there, I asked my BMW dealer if I can add the steering damper on my FE without cruise control. The answer was possible they tried to install on a customer FE model but very labor intensive and expensive. I believe he said parts and labour cost was around $1500.00.
damn... thats pretty steep price. the more i have read, it looks like not having it is not a big deal but, on the other hand if it was slightly affordable, i wouldn't have minded to install it for additional safety/ride quality etc. Kind of on the fence now.

Back