R18 Classic has arrived

nielsm

After many test rides of the R18 and other cruisers, I had planned on getting the R18 Classic in the spring. My dealer reached out just before Thanksgiving with a great deal on a 2021 R18 Classic First Edition which was delivered this morning.

After setting the suspension preload I took a quick 50 mile ride in 40F temperatures along some of my favorite local twisty roads to scrub in the tires. I tried a short highway test as well. Very pleased with the bike, but I'll likely need to add heated gear for the cold temps like on my other bikes.

It joins two other BMW Boxer bikes, a 1972 R75/5 and a 2012 R1200GSA. So now I've got boxers in small, medium & large capacity!

Many thanks to those on the forum for sharing their experiences as those helped cement my decision on acquiring this great bike.

Niels

After many test rides of the R18 and other cruisers, I had planned on getting the R18 Classic in the spring. My dealer reached out just before Thanksgiving with a great deal on a 2021 R18 Classic First Edition which was delivered this morning.

After setting the suspension preload I took a quick 50 mile ride in 40F temperatures along some of my favorite local twisty roads to scrub in the tires. I tried a short highway test as well. Very pleased with the bike, but I'll likely need to add heated gear for the cold temps like on my other bikes.

It joins two other BMW Boxer bikes, a 1972 R75/5 and a 2012 R1200GSA. So now I've got boxers in small, medium & large capacity!

Many thanks to those on the forum for sharing their experiences as those helped cement my decision on acquiring this great bike.

Niels
I will show you mine if you show me yours
BE8B22A8-6BC0-4B80-8823-E0995EA44036.jpeg

Back