R18 B and TC BMW "Bagger" handlebars

Riksaw

Hello again!

Does anyone have pictures of an R18B or TC model with a BMW Bagger handlebar? Experiences are also interesting!

77 22 9444396
Handlebars Bagger (Black)

77 22 9444395
Handlebars Bagger (Chrome)

These are of interest to me, because I think this is reasonably priced.

I already adjusted the handlebar from my R18B higher and it slightly improved the riding position.

Many thanks to the community!

Do these help? This is my B.
In terms of experience I am super happy with the riding position and I would not touch it one bit. I am 1.76m tall. IMG_0189.jpegIMG_0188.jpegIMG_9803.jpegIMG_9764.jpegIMG_9763.jpegIMG_9763.jpegIMG_9762.jpeg

They are the same dimensions... TC and B.

I swapped over to the Heli Bars... much more comfortable for Highway Driving... takes a little getting used to if you doing low speed tight maneuvers.

Thanks for the pictures and messages!

The "bagger" Handlebars that i mentioned are indeed the Optional extra, so i know already what the original bar feels to drive.

i have think about the helibars, but the BMW Bagger optional Handlebar is cheaper.

Hello again!

Does anyone have pictures of an R18B or TC model with a BMW Bagger handlebar? Experiences are also interesting!

77 22 9444396
Handlebars Bagger (Black)

77 22 9444395
Handlebars Bagger (Chrome)

These are of interest to me, because I think this is reasonably priced.

I already adjusted the handlebar from my R18B higher and it slightly improved the riding position.

Many thanks to the community!
Do these bars move the grips closer to the rider? I'm on the shorter side and am looking for a reduced reach handlebar. Heli Bars seem to be the only version, but I'm not fan of their design. Thanks!

Do these bars move the grips closer to the rider? I'm on the shorter side and am looking for a reduced reach handlebar. Heli Bars seem to be the only version, but I'm not fan of their design. Thanks!
Hi, I still haven't found a picture of this optional "bagger" handlebar.

Maybe I need to order it myself and post a picture of it for you all :)

Maybe try using the new bike configuration tool on the Motorrad site; it typically applies selected options to the bike in order to show changes? I'm not sure if the Bagger Ape Hanger bars are offered?

Hi Scott, good idea. I just look, The Finland configurator are not showing the optional handlebars. But the bmw-motarrad.de is showing the bagger bar, or at least i think so.
I think I'll order that handlebar. The clutch and brake hoses should be changed to longer ones with that handlebar.

bagger tanko sivu.pngBagger ylä.pngVakio tanko sivu.png

Attachments

• VAkio tanko ylä.png
    VAkio tanko ylä.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
I did take screenshots of the stock and bagger handlebars. The bagger ones sit higher and the grips are a different angle. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Handlebars_bagger.png
    Handlebars_bagger.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • Handlebars_stock.png
    Handlebars_stock.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • Handlebars_bagger_fr.png
    Handlebars_bagger_fr.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • Handlebars_stock_fr.png
    Handlebars_stock_fr.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
I did take screenshots of the stock and bagger handlebars. The bagger ones sit higher and the grips are a different angle. I hope this helps.
I like the angle of the upgraded bars over the stock bars, visually speaking; I would have to sit on the bike with the new bars in order to get a real feel for whether or not I want the upgrade..

I ordered mine from the local BMW motorcycle dealer, the bars are coming from Germany so that takes about 14 days. Here's what I ordered:

Handlebars Bagger - Chrom - BMW-Motorrad (77229444395)​

Clutch Line - L=372Mm - BMW-Motorrad (77227923533)​

Brake Hose - L=452Mm - BMW-Motorrad (34327923534)​

https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/...rgonomics-and-comfort--ergonomics-and-comfort

I'll post an update once I receive the parts and install them. Hopefully this helps.

I ordered mine from the local BMW motorcycle dealer, the bars are coming from Germany so that takes about 14 days. Here's what I ordered:

https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/...rgonomics-and-comfort--ergonomics-and-comfort

I'll post an update once I receive the parts and install them. Hopefully this helps.
Perfect. Thanks I’ll give dealer a call with this info.

Definitely lay the two sets of bars alongside each other and post some pictures for the group; I'm curious to understand the height difference and the new angle of the grips.

Looking over the installation document for the handlebars; seems like a LOT of the fairing has to be disassembled in order to swap-out to the new bars?
Yes, but it is straight forward. I did most of it to get to the bolts that allowed me to tilt the handlebars. Set up a table with a moving blanket on top and lined up whatever I took off the bike.

I'm still waiting for the bagger handlebars to arrive, then I'll attempt the swap. A bit concerned about the brake and clutch line swap but have been watching a few videos and I think it'll be ok.

Yes, but it is straight forward. I did most of it to get to the bolts that allowed me to tilt the handlebars. Set up a table with a moving blanket on top and lined up whatever I took off the bike.

I'm still waiting for the bagger handlebars to arrive, then I'll attempt the swap. A bit concerned about the brake and clutch line swap but have been watching a few videos and I think it'll be ok.
Was it or is it necessary to remove the front fairing as described in the handlebar procedure; or do you think it can be accomplished by following the TFT screen protector procedure, which also provides access to the handlebar clamp bolts?

Back