R18 100 Years - BMW Accessories

Hi everyone,
I am in Spain currently and just purchased an R18 100 Years in the UK.... unfortunately I won't get to ride it until end of summer! I'm struggling to find R18 100 Years accessories from BMW that actually match the bike and are available... do they exist? TBH I find BMW to be a little disappointing as anything I have gone to on the BMW motorrad site with the vin number, just brings up sketches and not visuals so I can't actually see what they are like, with many of the items marked *Not for sale*. Should I just go 3rd party and avoid BMW, if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated! Would be great if there were visuals of the bike with any of the various accessories available so if someone knows of somewhere can they let me know... or anyone with images of their R18 with any accessories on it, such as those listed below (or others) and where they purchased them would be great!

I'm looking for:

Pillion saddle/kit with pegs/boards, one that matches exactly the cross stitched oxblood one supplied with the bike.
A backrest for the same pillion saddle.
Chrome engine bars/crash bars.
What windscreens are available? I kind of like the one on the R18 classic but wondered if there are other options and have read somewhere that there is an electric adjustable one available (Curiosity).

Also,
should I be thinking of some tank protection... I see in a couple of the YouTube videos comments that some of the riders sit more to the front of the saddle (I am a slim 6' tall bloke), I suspect this would eventually cause ware on the paintwork! I see plastic stick on pads that help protect the tank but have also read that these/or versions of them can cause damage in themselves! Comments would be great!

Does anyone with any pillion saddles know if these cause any damage to the paintwork on the back guard? With vibration and the seat rubbing the guard etc.

Sorry for all the questions but this bike will be my baby, and I really want to look after her!

Many thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike. TBH Motorrad is not know to produce a huge amount of aftermarket parts and there are only a handful of other companies out there that produce a limited amount of custom parts to ad on. There are also a few knock offs places but the R18 in general does not enjoy the same amount of aftermarket parts as HD or other more popular brands. Maybe because it is fairly new to the market, not many of them around and therefore these aftermarket companies don’t see the need to invest in parts that may sit idle on their shelves for years. Wunderlich is a good place for quality stuff but has limited accessories

Hi. My recommendations:
Seat: Mustang Seat. IMO the Weekender (two pieces: Rider and passenger) and also buy the rider back rest.
Engine guards: the OEM
Windshield: Buy all the OEM structure minus the Windshield per se, and go for Clearshields.
Pillion pegs: buy OEM.
Pillion back rest: the detachable one from Motea.
Accessories for "beauty": Roland Sands or the "same" from Ali Express.
Auxiliary lights: OEM.

PD: Motea has other products, take a look at the website. In Spain it supposed to be cheaper because (I think) is an European company. Wunderlich has also a lot of parts for our bike

Welcome. Sorry, can’t help with mods because my bike is basically stock but to be honest I wouldn’t worry about needing any tank protection, at 6 foot (I’m 5’11”) I sit fully in the seat and my legs go nowhere near the tank so I can’t imagine why yours would.

Thanks Luis for the input, and the suggestions... undecided as yet. Shame there is nothing on the pillion side from BMW that matched the oxblood stock seat on the bike!

Cheers

I have the same bike. Here is a pic with the weekender seat and Hornig sissy.
Nice, I really like the oxblood on the R18 100 years seat and wish there was one of the saddle options that incorporate that... might be a case of me looking for a seat and pillion seat then having it upholstered in the same criss cross oxblood style as the original seat, I just love the colour combination of the oxblood and feel it is a very important part of the bikes style!
Many thanks

Welcome. Sorry, can’t help with mods because my bike is basically stock but to be honest I wouldn’t worry about needing any tank protection, at 6 foot (I’m 5’11”) I sit fully in the seat and my legs go nowhere near the tank so I can’t imagine why yours would.
Hi Rufus, I haven't even had a chance to find out myself TBH, was just going with a couple of comments made on the R18 youtube reviews I watched. Cheers

Hi MikeSpain

The stock Oxblood seat is plastic and hard as the hobbs of hell..Pretty yes..I replied to your message and yes the pillion comes with a particular mounting kit and strap..

Hi Rufus, I haven't even had a chance to find out myself TBH, was just going with a couple of comments made on the R18 youtube reviews I watched. Cheers
No worries Mike. Honestly, I would ride the bike for a good while first before buying anything to see how you get on. If you value comfort above anything else then there are many seats to choose from but I often think bike seats are very much like women’s shoes (no I don’t wear them 😂)….. you have to decide where on the sliding scale you want to be …..comfort vs style. That ox blood seat on yours is already pretty smart 🤷‍♂️

IMG_1723.jpegIMG_1724.jpegIMG_1729.jpegIMG_1727.jpegIMG_1726.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I am in Spain currently and just purchased an R18 100 Years in the UK.... unfortunately I won't get to ride it until end of summer! I'm struggling to find R18 100 Years accessories from BMW that actually match the bike and are available... do they exist? TBH I find BMW to be a little disappointing as anything I have gone to on the BMW motorrad site with the vin number, just brings up sketches and not visuals so I can't actually see what they are like, with many of the items marked *Not for sale*. Should I just go 3rd party and avoid BMW, if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated! Would be great if there were visuals of the bike with any of the various accessories available so if someone knows of somewhere can they let me know... or anyone with images of their R18 with any accessories on it, such as those listed below (or others) and where they purchased them would be great!

I'm looking for:

Pillion saddle/kit with pegs/boards, one that matches exactly the cross stitched oxblood one supplied with the bike.
A backrest for the same pillion saddle.
Chrome engine bars/crash bars.
What windscreens are available? I kind of like the one on the R18 classic but wondered if there are other options and have read somewhere that there is an electric adjustable one available (Curiosity).

Also,
should I be thinking of some tank protection... I see in a couple of the YouTube videos comments that some of the riders sit more to the front of the saddle (I am a slim 6' tall bloke), I suspect this would eventually cause ware on the paintwork! I see plastic stick on pads that help protect the tank but have also read that these/or versions of them can cause damage in themselves! Comments would be great!

Does anyone with any pillion saddles know if these cause any damage to the paintwork on the back guard? With vibration and the seat rubbing the guard etc.

Sorry for all the questions but this bike will be my baby, and I really want to look after her!

Many thanks in advance!
Congrats on your new bike. I also have the 2023 100 year anniversary model.... But my goal is to leave it as stock/ original as possible. I removed the rerar seat and pegs, and added

Congrats on your new bike. I have one also but my goal is just the opposite. I want to keep the bike as stock/ original as possible. To me not only does the bike have enough "going on" to begin with, but there is no point in my view of accessorizing the bike to the point where the only thing different from it is the silver/ black retro gas tank.
I removed the rear seat and pegs, added the Roland Sands valve cover guards, and just put a very small saddle case on the rear I ordered from Italy, and I'm done. I might get around to throwing in the Bren tune re map....but the bike runs really good now.
Just a different take on the same bike....

Congrats on your new bike. I have one also but my goal is just the opposite. I want to keep the bike as stock/ original as possible. To me not only does the bike have enough "going on" to begin with, but there is no point in my view of accessorizing the bike to the point where the only thing different from it is the silver/ black retro gas tank.
I removed the rear seat and pegs, added the Roland Sands valve cover guards, and just put a very small saddle case on the rear I ordered from Italy, and I'm done. I might get around to throwing in the Bren tune re map....but the bike runs really good now.
Just a different take on the same bike....
Hi Randy, have you any photos of the bike before and after?

Let me see....Bike in it's crate just being unpacked. It has the rear sear, rear foot pegs.
After...removed the rear seat and foot pegs. Added the Roland Sands cylinder head covers., and the Ends Cuoio saddle bag from Italy. I'm done cosmetically. Wanna leave it stock.

Attachments

• IMG_5293.jpg
    IMG_5293.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7721.jpg
    IMG_7721.jpg
    928.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7723.jpg
    IMG_7723.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
The Roland Sands cylinder head covers look nice... I think I am getting tempted! Did you remove the pillion seat yourself? I am eventually going to add a pillion to mine but wondering it there is clearance between the fender and the seat... worrying about damaging the paintwork on the rear guard/fender if I use the pillion seat!
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
The Roland Sands cylinder head covers look nice... I think I am getting tempted! Did you remove the pillion seat yourself? I am eventually going to add a pillion to mine but wondering it there is clearance between the fender and the seat... worrying about damaging the paintwork on the rear guard/fender if I use the pillion seat!
Thanks for sharing!
The seat comes right off with an allen wrench. But finding an attractive bolt to put in the threaded hole that is left there is a little more challenging. And black bolts to replace the foot pegs bolts that came off are.
I can send you a pic of what i dug up to replace them.
I would imagine in time you will scuff up the rear fender with a rider. The silver paint is probably impossible to touch up without looking like shit....

The Roland Sands valve covers I think are the best looking and highest quality. I like bikes without a lot of crap on them. To me, this bike has so much going on already, I don't want to try and add anything.

If I wanted a dressed bike, there are other versions of the R18 that already come with all that.

I was just at a big Harley dealer here in LA to buy some good sun glasses they carry. I had guys standing around my bike. I've owned Harley's, but the design, fit, finish of this bike to me is another level....

The seat comes right off with an allen wrench. But finding an attractive bolt to put in the threaded hole that is left there is a little more challenging. And black bolts to replace the foot pegs bolts that came off are.
I can send you a pic of what i dug up to replace them.
I would imagine in time you will scuff up the rear fender with a rider. The silver paint is probably impossible to touch up without looking like shit....

The Roland Sands valve covers I think are the best looking and highest quality. I like bikes without a lot of crap on them. To me, this bike has so much going on already, I don't want to try and add anything.

If I wanted a dressed bike, there are other versions of the R18 that already come with all that.

I was just at a big Harley dealer here in LA to buy some good sun glasses they carry. I had guys standing around my bike. I've owned Harley's, but the design, fit, finish of this bike to me is another level....
I feel fairly much the same about keeping the 100 years as much as possible near its delivery spec as possible, mine didn't come with a pillion seat... although I do intend on using it with my partner at times so would to have a pillion option for her! I don't mind putting on and taking off the pillion seat if we were to go on a trip, but any visable damage to the fender paintwork would worry me for when the pillion was removed... not really excited about having to buy a spare rear fender to have as an option! Hummm....

Thanks for the input!

I feel fairly much the same about keeping the 100 years as much as possible near its delivery spec as possible, mine didn't come with a pillion seat... although I do intend on using it with my partner at times so would to have a pillion option for her! I don't mind putting on and taking off the pillion seat if we were to go on a trip, but any visable damage to the fender paintwork would worry me for when the pillion was removed... not really excited about having to buy a spare rear fender to have as an option! Hummm....

Thanks for the input!
Then I guess you're planning on leaving the foot pegs on. It might be possible to attach the pillion seat and remove it once in awhile IF your VERY careful and your girlfriend is also very careful getting on and off, and her clothing et....
My wife had her own bike....doesn't ride anymore...thank God....

Back