Progress Report

mykaos

Before BMW went full retard on their accessories pricing I bought the weekender seat. Doesn't look nearly as sexy as the original but is light years more comfortable.

1000001538.jpg

And yes the oil cooler cover is Chinese stainless steel but I am nothing but impressed, especially considering it was 1/4 to 1/5th the cost of other options.

Changed out the A/F for a DNA stage 2.

1000001434.jpg

After hours (literally) of watching YouTube I decided on Freedom Performance. 10 weeks later it arrived.
Tackled the install last night (was a PIA, period). Looks great, sounds even better.. (without being obnoxious IMO).

1000001539.jpg

Attachments

• 1000001538.jpg
    1000001538.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
Yeah.. I'm not sure what BMW's end game is with the price hike..? For example; if a dealer already had the part sitting on the.shelf, how can they justify the increased price increases?

Before BMW went full retard on their accessories pricing I bought the weekender seat. Doesn't look nearly as sexy as the original but is light years more comfortable.

View attachment 13156

And yes the oil cooler cover is Chinese stainless steel but I am nothing but impressed, especially considering it was 1/4 to 1/5th the cost of other options.

View attachment 13155

After hours (literally) of watching YouTube I decided on Freedom Performance. 10 weeks later it arrived.
Tackled the install last night (was a PIA, period). Looks great, sounds even better.. (without being obnoxious IMO).

View attachment 13157
Yeah.. I'm not sure what BMW's end game is with the price hike..? For example; if a dealer already had the part sitting on the.shelf, how can they justify the increased price increases?
Feel like with as significant a hike as it is with some of the parts that it really squashes a lot of potential sales. I had a lot of “in a couple months…” pieces I had plans for that now, no way. I’m not paying $500 something for mirrors. No way. Wanted black levers, but that’s out too.

Hats off to anyone who can afford the prices, but the gouge is too blatant to stomach. Maybe they gotta try and make up for the deals theyre giving on the bikes. Good luck, fellas. Won’t be my dollars.

Feel like with as significant a hike as it is with some of the parts that it really squashes a lot of potential sales. I had a lot of “in a couple months…” pieces I had plans for that now, no way. I’m not paying $500 something for mirrors. No way. Wanted black levers, but that’s out too.

Hats off to anyone who can afford the prices, but the gouge is too blatant to stomach. Maybe they gotta try and make up for the deals theyre giving on the bikes. Good luck, fellas. Won’t be my dollars.
Don’t give up; there’s always ebay or alixpress.

View attachment 13156

View attachment 13155

View attachment 13157
Looks like you've put in a ton of work.
The bike(s) and the garage look great 👍🏽

BigSlimJim:
I see where you're going with - "Maybe they gotta try and make up for the deals theyre giving on the bikes.".
For the Roctane, Harley would have charged me at least $10K more.
I still would support healthy competition.

Back