Pick one - base R18 or Classic without the bags, shield & spot lights

motoring

So if you had to pick between a base R18 and a Classic (without the stuff that comes with it) which would you buy? Both having cruise control in this example and the Classic, in this example, would not have the spot light bar to hold the lights on it.

And to make it a 'fair fight' so both have the straight exhaust (not fish tails). Though guess if you like the fish tails you can weight that into the answer you arrive at.

I figure the only difference then would be the smaller and wider front tire. Thinking other then front tire both bikes would look the same. And if so would figure the bags from a Classic could be put on a base R18 maybe?

So thinking/guessing the majority would go for the Classic since it handles bumps a drop better. And, I infer any R18 with cruise has the steering dampener on such bikes so in that area they would be the same.
Just wondering...
thanks

Last edited:
Ok, so it seems you want the small front wheel then.

Btw, let’s not muddy the waters by adding anything other then cruise control.

Thinking bike to bike both could have same options added down the road, just at way way high cost if one picks the base r18 bike. Granted, initially the r18 did not let one pick cruise control as an option.

Ok, so it seems you want the small front wheel then.

Btw, let’s not muddy the waters by adding anything other then cruise control.

Thinking bike to bike both could have same options added down the road, just at way way high cost if one picks the base r18 bike. Granted, initially the r18 did not let one pick cruise control as an option.
I think the rear's also smaller than the reg, no? What size is the reg? My C has a 16" r-wheel.

Back