Paint Scrape Damage (Model B / TC Large Scratch Noticed on Both Sides of the Rear Swing Arm) - Anyone Else ..?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1618
  • Start date
Comment to share your problem solving situation.

On December 2nd, an email was sent to the person in charge of wunderlich to apologize for the delay in the delivery of the replacement product. The modified product is expected to be received and shipped in early 2023.
Intermediate dealers are also said to have received information related to this.

The online response was quick, but in the end, it takes a long time for the modified product to be redesigned and the product to be shipped. (Already three months have passed since the first report.)

If only a replacement product is shipped, I think this is a significant loss to the consumer because the damage to the swingarm frame and the cost of re-installation will occur. It is a pity that there was no clear mention of compensation for this.

I shared my situation above, so please refer to the forum users.

Pues parece que es un error de diseño del fabricante, pero en su web europea y en cías colaboradoras siguen ofreciéndolo.
Muchas gracias por la informacion, gran foro este de la bigboxer.

Monty.

Last edited:
Comment to share your problem solving situation.

On December 2nd, an email was sent to the person in charge of wunderlich to apologize for the delay in the delivery of the replacement product. The modified product is expected to be received and shipped in early 2023.
Intermediate dealers are also said to have received information related to this.

The online response was quick, but in the end, it takes a long time for the modified product to be redesigned and the product to be shipped. (Already three months have passed since the first report.)

If only a replacement product is shipped, I think this is a significant loss to the consumer because the damage to the swingarm frame and the cost of re-installation will occur. It is a pity that there was no clear mention of compensation for this.

I shared my situation above, so please refer to the forum users.
While it’s true there is small paint scrape on both of my swing arms, removal of the Wunderlich protection bars took less than 30 minutes. Wunderlich paid the shipping and promptly refunded the $750.
The tiny gloss black touch up pen is $10. Not worth a lawyer to seek compensation.

Wunderlich paid for the shipping of the protection bars, and provided a full refund; I optioned to use the $750 towards the purchase of the Jekyll & Hyde exhaust system, which they highly discounted for my troubles.

The protection bars look great on the bagger; however, the scratch issue requires a new design, as well as a possible design change that would provide more protection to the exhaust in the event of a drop - slightly more than what the engine protection bar already provides.

You all (y'all) can probably receive a discount on other Wunderlich bling if you ask; I'm sure Wunderlich America can discount Wunderlich products more so than in my case - which was parts manufactured by a different company, that they represent? It never hurts to ask...
Maybe spring for the Wunderlich leg rest at a discounted price - they're currently priced a little too high for me; especially since I'm more than comfortable using the stock floor boards.

두 스윙 암에 작은 페인트 긁힘이 있는 것은 사실이지만 Wunderlich 보호 막대를 제거하는 데 30분도 채 걸리지 않았습니다. Wunderlich는 배송비를 지불하고 750달러를 즉시 환불했습니다.
작은 글로스 블랙 터치업 펜은 10달러입니다. 변호사가 보상을 요구할 가치가 없습니다.
You may be capable enough to make case guard removal a breeze in 30 minutes.
I'm not capable of that.

(I prefer to leave the work to professionals with the right skills.)

Hourly wages in Korea are quite expensive.
A replacement like this would take my entire day. T_T

When more weight is applied with two people on board, much greater damage occurs if the swing arm is damaged.

Such damage can be confirmed by a wound that is so deeply dug that it does not end with a simple paint touch-up.
Depending on the person, it may be considered insignificant,
but this is an obvious design error and damages genuine parts that should not be touched.

Sending bulky products overseas is a very cumbersome and stressful task.
You made this case seem insignificant, but ..i disagree

It is the common sense judgment of intellectuals to send the proper product again and compensate for the additional damage that occurred.
It is right to minimize consumer inconvenience.
It is a reasonable judgment to claim compensation for damages caused by product design defects. :)

Wunderlich paid for the shipping of the protection bars, and provided a full refund; I optioned to use the $750 towards the purchase of the Jekyll & Hyde exhaust system, which they highly discounted for my troubles.

The protection bars look great on the bagger; however, the scratch issue requires a new design, as well as a possible design change that would provide more protection to the exhaust in the event of a drop - slightly more than what the engine protection bar already provides.

You all (y'all) can probably receive a discount on other Wunderlich bling if you ask; I'm sure Wunderlich America can discount Wunderlich products more so than in my case - which was parts manufactured by a different company, that they represent? It never hurts to ask...
Maybe spring for the Wunderlich leg rest at a discounted price - they're currently priced a little too high for me; especially since I'm more than comfortable using the stock floor boards.
Thank you for letting us know your processing status.

I have not received any further contact yet.
I'll wait another month or two and write about any changes in this thread.

To remove the case guards, there are 3 bolts that come out on each side. There are 5 total bolts if you include the two inside the saddle bags.

Back