OK I did it

As some of you know I've been hanging around here debating getting rid of the 2022 RT i bought and buying a R18. Well I did it Two weeks ago The R18 has been so much fun to ride i havent taken time to write this. The Rt was fine but thats all, just fine. Life is too short for boring bikes. The R18 bagger looks great The price was pretty good too. I love the simplicity of one gauge after dealing with the TFT screen . The vibration feels good and I love that the bike is rather unique. Not many R18's out there and fewer bobbers. The knocks on pegs dragging or it bing underpowered i can only see in comparison to sport bikes or something like a K bike . This isn't that I see this as pure cruiser Saturday nights in Hollywood and Sundays on PCH It works perfectly. If you know anyone looking for a clean 2022 RT with a matching trunk 719 paint job and Clearwater lights they can get a good deal on mine at Iconic Motorcycles auction site. I'll be out riding. Oh and Burbank BMW has a black bobber they're dealing on That's the one I didn't buy

Attachments

• R18 Bagger Blue LEft.jpg
    R18 Bagger Blue LEft.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • R18 Blue Bobber RT.jpg
    R18 Blue Bobber RT.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 47
  • R18 bobber Top.jpg
    R18 bobber Top.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • R18 Bobber front Fender.jpg
    R18 Bobber front Fender.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
Love that sole seat, bet that helps smooth out any bumps on the road. Let us know how you like the ride. Don’t see your bike on their site yet. If it was that mother of pearl color with the pen stripes then that is a cool color for that RT.

Last edited:
Please give us a review of that bmw solo seat when you have used it for a bit. Anyone else on the forum have this seat, cost, and if so your thoughts please?
My point of reference would be the following:
1. Does it cushion the ride going over bumps better then any of the other bmw seat options available for the R18(FE)?
2. Do you feel it gives you balance control? I know a normal seat is just a seat but moving to what I call a Tractor seat might be a different animal and it’s been too long since I rode my now broken /2 to remember the sensation of how that seat feels. When going into and out of turns doe it feel like a normal standard seat or do you feel there is less seat area to hug vs a standard seat?
3. I infer one can still add a passenger seat section (wonder if the base full two part seat (thinking it is a two part seat) rear seat section would bolt onto the fender using this setup?
4. Suggested pee pad (maybe on the hd forums they call them that still…if that was a thing) rear seat to blend in with the R18 yet be functional?

I love the look of this seat!
Thank you

Attachments

• 53763E27-687B-4574-B662-8C119967E054.png
    53763E27-687B-4574-B662-8C119967E054.png
    19 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
As some of you know I've been hanging around here debating getting rid of the 2022 RT i bought and buying a R18. Well I did it Two weeks ago The R18 has been so much fun to ride i havent taken time to write this. The Rt was fine but thats all, just fine. Life is too short for boring bikes. The R18 bagger looks great The price was pretty good too. I love the simplicity of one gauge after dealing with the TFT screen . The vibration feels good and I love that the bike is rather unique. Not many R18's out there and fewer bobbers. The knocks on pegs dragging or it bing underpowered i can only see in comparison to sport bikes or something like a K bike . This isn't that I see this as pure cruiser Saturday nights in Hollywood and Sundays on PCH It works perfectly. If you know anyone looking for a clean 2022 RT with a matching trunk 719 paint job and Clearwater lights they can get a good deal on mine at Iconic Motorcycles auction site. I'll be out riding. Oh and Burbank BMW has a black bobber they're dealing on That's the one I didn't buy
You 'Did it' good. Nobody will be tooling around the streets on an R18 with that color. An amazing color.

Beautiful. Well sorted and well done. What is not to like about the paint work. Awesome.

Congrats! I kind of did the opposite.
I sold my R18 TC, and got a 22 K1600 GTL. Pros and cons for both bikes IMO, but I’m happy with the switch.

Congrats! I kind of did the opposite.
I sold my R18 TC, and got a 22 K1600 GTL. Pros and cons for both bikes IMO, but I’m happy with the switch.
The wing and the k1600 rule the two up traveling world. I loved my gtl. That thing can rip like nothing that capable should be able to.

Love that sole seat, bet that helps smooth out any bumps on the road. Let us know how you like the ride. Don’t see your bike on their site yet. If it was that mother of pearl color with the pen stripes then that is a cool color for that RT.
Yes the RT is the pearl white with blue pinstripes They had to do pics and video It will be up soon The Solo seat on the R18 is not great I have a seat guy who's going to add some padding

Please give us a review of that bmw solo seat when you have used it for a bit. Anyone else on the forum have this seat, cost, and if so your thoughts please?
My point of reference would be the following:
1. Does it cushion the ride going over bumps better then any of the other bmw seat options available for the R18(FE)?
2. Do you feel it gives you balance control? I know a normal seat is just a seat but moving to what I call a Tractor seat might be a different animal and it’s been too long since I rode my now broken /2 to remember the sensation of how that seat feels. When going into and out of turns doe it feel like a normal standard seat or do you feel there is less seat area to hug vs a standard seat?
3. I infer one can still add a passenger seat section (wonder if the base full two part seat (thinking it is a two part seat) rear seat section would bolt onto the fender using this setup?
4. Suggested pee pad (maybe on the hd forums they call them that still…if that was a thing) rear seat to blend in with the R18 yet be functional?

I love the look of this seat!
Thank you
I cant really compare this tractor seat with the stock or other R18 seats as i havent been on them beyond short test ride. The tractor seat is not great I will be adding padding I don't think it can be adapted to two up I don't know about adding a pad on top of that rear fender Shed have to really love you to put up with that haha

When you have had it a bit of time, you will really learn to enjoy this bike, I can not stay off mine ! ! !

I was unaware of a blue color option. Looks great.

Back