• Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.
  • A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

oh canada

  • <i class="fa--xf fal fa-check "><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" role="img" aria-hidden="true" ><use href="/data/local/icons/light.svg?v=1789222567#check"></use></svg></i> Discussion starter Discussion starter bmwsquirl
  • Start date Start date

bmwsquirl

New member
Joined
Jun 5, 2026
Messages
27
Location
ohio
Visit site
Bike
2024 transcontinental
finished this ride a few weeks ago.crossed into Canada at Gordie howe bridge.what a spectacular piece of workmanship by all the trades people.the river was turquoise kept looking up and up.really a nice job.cleared customs went to pay 5.80 usd .rolls right onto the 401.tried to ride river road detours everywhere.kept trying to go north would be re routed to the 401.rode toward London backtracked to a best western exit was tore up on a total rebuild.
met a couple of the construction worker they said you'll never get to Georgian bay this weekend ,this is the week all the kids are off before they start back to school.same thing echoed by travelers.
so I headed east.i now have three things smell wise ill remember forever. always fresh cut grass,40 years ago I left ft. pierce fl at night heading to us27 on fla70 and for 30 or more mile the orange trees let out this scent.nowwwww I have Canada rte 403 for a 1/4 mile I rode by a Nutella factory.i. want to turn around and go thru it again.
crossed over at the falls took us20 west.just in case your into this sort of thing (I dont,nor do I care)my pot head buddy says an oz in Ohio is 260.00 .on the mohican First Nation tribal lands it was 300.00 a pound.in Ohio that would be 4160.00.
found a Waffle House and and ate like a pig.so that was my Lake Erie circle jerk tour.
be safe
squirrel
 
That sounds like one heck of a ride, Squirrel! The Gordie Howe Bridge alone sounds like it was worth the trip, and I can imagine the view looking up at that structure while crossing.
The detours and 401 traffic sound like they turned the Lake Erie loop into an adventure of its own. And that Nutella factory story got me you don’t forget a smell like that! Between the orange groves in Florida and Nutella in Canada, you’ve got some pretty memorable roadside scents.
Glad you eventually found your way back to a Waffle House and got a proper meal after all that. Thanks for taking us along for the ride and sharing the story. Ride safe!
 
Back
Top