Normal or tappety / valves?

Hi all, would one of you good people take 5 minutes when you’re out on a ride to do an audio engine sound test similar to mine and post it here. I can’t work out if my FE, which has done 500 miles sounds a bit tappety or requires valve adjustment etc, or I’m just a paranoid idiot. I purchased the bike with just under 400 miles and the BMW serviced it prior to delivery (which is a bit early for a run in service, I know). Anyway, as ever if someone record their bike when warmed up and post it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Engine sound

Sounded normal to me. In fact a slappy valve is a happy valve. Don't want them too tight.

Sounded normal to me. In fact a slappy valve is a happy valve. Don't want them too tight.
Thanks R12C. I really do like the almost agricultural sound of the engine but lack of mechanical knowledge means I pick up on every clack, ting, and slap wondering if it sounds normal. Makes me think I just need to get a grip and cover some proper miles 😊

I had my 600 service done the other day, got a little over 700 on it now and it sound exactly like your does. I have a hard time hearing them at 80 mph though LoL :)

Back