Newbie questions

I've tried searching, but as a new owner of an R18 FE, I haven't been able to answer all my questions - apologies if I didn't use the "Search" properly.

1. Is there a "setting" I can access that makes a sound (beep, chirp, buzz, cough, anything) when I activate or deactivate the factory alarm? The manual says it exists - but I can't find it - it does flash the indicators.
2. First day - I managed to pick up a stone chip (from a truck) on the fork - is there a product (pen maybe) that others have found works well to "fix" such things? It's not huge, but it is back to metal.
3. I live in an apartment block, so manoeuvring in the carpark is required - I have a rear wheel paddock stand that allowed me to rotate my old bike anywhere ( it has 3 casters). Problem is, it attaches to the bike using "bobbins" on the swing-arm. That won't work on the R18 - any recommendations for a good quality trolly / dolly / movable stand..........?

I'm sure I'll have more questions - but thanks in advance for your help with these questions.
B..

Last edited:
1. The dealership programmed my alarm, which removed the chirp when activated; I can hear the lock servos for the side bags activate, plus my directionals blink. (2022 R18 B)

2. I used an Audi touch up paint pen to address a scuff mark on my frame, which was a perfect match; I've since had lower leg wind protection plastic parts painted using the manufacturer paint code that also was a perfect match. The body shop gave me a small jar of left over paint from the job to use as a touch tool.

3. I used the KERN-STABI X518, you can order it with dolly swizzle wheels in order to move it around on the floor.

Hope this helps...

1. The dealership programmed my alarm, which removed the chirp when activated; I can hear the lock servos for the side bags activate, plus my directionals blink. (2022 R18 B)

2. I used an Audi touch up paint pen to address a scuff mark on my frame, which was a perfect match; I've since had lower leg wind protection plastic parts painted using the manufacturer paint code that also was a perfect match. The body shop gave me a small jar of left over paint from the job to use as a touch tool.

3. I used the KERN-STABI X518, you can order it with dolly swizzle wheels in order to move it around on the floor.

Hope this helps...
Thanks for your feedback - Much appreciated.

Back