New r18 Transcontinental owner

Keehn

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Good afternoon everyone!

I just bought a new 2022 transcontinental with the "First Edition" and premium package (the one with adaptive cruise) and MAN! is she a cruiser! I also own a 2003 r1150rt and a 2003 r1200CL, both of which have some electrical gremlins I'm chasing down.

I wanted the r18 the minute BMW first put out the announcement, but it was too rich a price for me at the time. So, after getting my pennies together and BMW putting their 0.9% interest plan in place, I jumped at getting one finally.

I've only had her for a day, but I also know the importance of being a member of online forums (I am also a member of chromeheads.org), so that's why I'm here ;)

Here's a couple pics of the bike:

20210902_122924_resized.jpeg

20210902_123058_resized.jpeg

I LOVE the black paint and white pinstriping, my first r1200c had the same, which is BMW heritage, so I feel like this r18 is a spiritual descendent of the r1200c.

Hopefully BMW doesn't quit the r18 like they did the r1200c line. There are those of us BMW enthusiasts who like low-slung boxers!

I'm also a BMW MOA member, so hello!

Mike

Welcome, very sweet looking ride. Saw these on some R18 heads and look like a sweet add-on. Certain you will love the new ride.

Attachments

• roland sand design1.jpg
    roland sand design1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 11
  • roland sand design2.jpg
    roland sand design2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to the forum nice bike, thanks for the pictures. I am x navy but I don’t recognize that symbol for your rate. I suppose it did not exist in the 70’s. Are you still active? I was an

29937214-E2B6-46BB-B3BE-67FA1CB1620C.jpeg

Welcome to the forum nice bike, thanks for the pictures. I am x navy but I don’t recognize that symbol for your rate. I suppose it did not exist in the 70’s. Are you still active? I was an

View attachment 6052
Nice. Were you an ET nuke or conventional? I was a "Legalman" (LN). Our rating was established in 1972 so it might have been around when you were in, but just hit the NAVADMINs when you weren't looking ;). We are also a pretty small group, only about ~ 480 - 500 billets give or take.

I'm actually medically retired. Just barely hit my 12 year gold chevron mark (12 years, 3 months) but I still work for the JAG Corps.

HOOYAH! and thank you for your service Chief!

Edit: No such thing as "x navy" :p

Great minds think alike Keehn. Back in '08 I had black a R1200C with white pinstripe so my current R18TC had to look the same. Very elegant looking machine. I too am a member of the chromeheads.org forum so will look forward to your contributions. This R18TC is a happy low rpm bike.

Good afternoon everyone!

I just bought a new 2022 transcontinental with the "First Edition" and premium package (the one with adaptive cruise) and MAN! is she a cruiser! I also own a 2003 r1150rt and a 2003 r1200CL, both of which have some electrical gremlins I'm chasing down.

I wanted the r18 the minute BMW first put out the announcement, but it was too rich a price for me at the time. So, after getting my pennies together and BMW putting their 0.9% interest plan in place, I jumped at getting one finally.

I've only had her for a day, but I also know the importance of being a member of online forums (I am also a member of chromeheads.org), so that's why I'm here ;)

View attachment 6042

View attachment 6043

I LOVE the black paint and white pinstriping, my first r1200c had the same, which is BMW heritage, so I feel like this r18 is a spiritual descendent of the r1200c.

Hopefully BMW doesn't quit the r18 like they did the r1200c line. There are those of us BMW enthusiasts who like low-slung boxers!

Mike
Gorgeous Bike, you will really bond with it after you get a few miles on the clock ! !!

Hi from a fellow Marylander! I might have been in the showroom when you were there (service on another bike...) I also had an R1200C. Got it new from Bob's in '98.

Good afternoon everyone!

View attachment 6042

View attachment 6043

Mike
Welcome to the fold, aways need more swabbies & sea stories. Any legal advice for us old-timers?🤔😉
Hopefully you'll love the scooter as much as I do mine (though my GS holds a special place). Enjoy the ride!

I was non nuke. could have been nuke but didn’t want sub duty. Still got stationed on the Island of Guam, with a bunch of CT’s (spooks). I went LDO and came out a LtJG.

Welcome, very sweet looking ride. Saw these on some R18 heads and look like a sweet add-on. Certain you will love the new ride.
I am interested in getting this accessory. Anyone know the part number?
head accessory.jpg.

Back