New from Arkansas!

Hey all,

After years with a GS that ended in pieces (me and the bike), a couple of years hiatus, then a year on an R9T (which was amazing) I discovered my journey back to motorcycling wasn't going to be as casual as I thought. Needed something with longer legs and a seat the wife was willing to sit on for more than 10 minutes... So, as of yesterday, I took ownership of a new R18B! First time on a cruiser/bagger, but looking forward to putting some miles on her

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
Hey all,

After years with a GS that ended in pieces (me and the bike), a couple of years hiatus, then a year on an R9T (which was amazing) I discovered my journey back to motorcycling wasn't going to be as casual as I thought. Needed something with longer legs and a seat the wife was willing to sit on for more than 10 minutes... So, as of yesterday, I took ownership of a new R18B! First time on a cruiser/bagger, but looking forward to putting some miles on her
Trading in my 14 K1600 GTL for the R18 Trans Con, also in Arkansas (Near Little Rock) where did you purchase your bike?

Trading in my 14 K1600 GTL for the R18 Trans Con, also in Arkansas (Near Little Rock) where did you purchase your bike?
Good times! I actually test rode a trans con at the dealership in Tulsa (Broken Arrow really) a couple of weeks ago. Liked it, but was really planning on a B out of the gate (which they didn't have for demo or in stock). I bought my R9T from them last summer. Looked at KC, St. Louis, OKC, and Dallas. Dallas (believe the dealer is in Plano) made me the best offer and had exactly what I was looking for. First time I've been to that dealership, and I'd say they have the most and most varied inventory I've seen. I usually make a point to check out local Euro dealers wherever I go. Nice place, lots of bikes, merch, etc.

We are in Bentonville. Really miss the dealer that was here until 2019. Obviously convenient, but I think that was actually the only BMW only dealer I ever saw. Great service, good folks. I've done service in Tulsa since the local shop closed. No problems there, aside from pretty much needing to plan 6-8 weeks in advance due to their log of service.

If you're coming up for BB&BBQ in a few weeks, let me know!

Good times! I actually test rode a trans con at the dealership in Tulsa (Broken Arrow really) a couple of weeks ago. Liked it, but was really planning on a B out of the gate (which they didn't have for demo or in stock). I bought my R9T from them last summer. Looked at KC, St. Louis, OKC, and Dallas. Dallas (believe the dealer is in Plano) made me the best offer and had exactly what I was looking for. First time I've been to that dealership, and I'd say they have the most and most varied inventory I've seen. I usually make a point to check out local Euro dealers wherever I go. Nice place, lots of bikes, merch, etc.

We are in Bentonville. Really miss the dealer that was here until 2019. Obviously convenient, but I think that was actually the only BMW only dealer I ever saw. Great service, good folks. I've done service in Tulsa since the local shop closed. No problems there, aside from pretty much needing to plan 6-8 weeks in advance due to their log of service.

If you're coming up for BB&BBQ in a few weeks, let me know!
Yep miss the Bentonville dealership, Great guys up there, have taken all my BMW's up there (this is # 4! lol) Buying mine from Memphis, bought my GTL over there also. Sometimes they make me a little nervous and the ride over is not near as much fun as going up to NWA! But they are ok. Probably wont make BB&BBQ, Have other commitments with my motorcycle association.

Just joined this forum looking for insight on this new bike. I really love my 1600GTL but things are starting to become inop after 100K, mostly electronic and simple stuff, just annoying stuff really. Just finished a 980 mile weekend ride on the beast! Can't wait to get my hands on the new Trans Con, (keep wanting to call it a "trashcan" in a loving way, lol goes with my screen name / nickname since 1985! LOL) Actually looking to goin back to the boxer engine. Valve lashing isn't that difficult, (2005 1200 RT, 2014 1200 RT WC,) concerned with the thread about the trickle charger and being able to use my Hexcode 911 on this bike! Lots of questions and not finding a lot of answers yet. Also not happy about not finding a back rest for the seat! But i am also thinking that this is a fairly new bike and not many add on's yet!

Already see some things BMW Motorad should have put on the bike, electric windscreen, for one, I hope (although tech at the dealership says no) that I can find a way to disable the adaptive portion of the cruise control. Wonder if anyone on here can tell me if the Red band on the top box is really a light or a reflector. Hope its a light, looking at my sales sheet, I think its a light but had that bait and switch done on the beast. All good just ignorance on my part abt what I was getting.

Plus side? excited about the 10.25 Display, not so about taking my phone out of my protective case to pair and put on the bike! (I've got butter fingers sometimes LOL) Looking to mount clearwater lights on it. If you have ever had those you will be amazed! its like riding on a football field at night! Saved me from a few Bambi's when I need to ride at night. I am already getting pumped! lol

Hey all,

My 21 R18fe has the white pin strips thu got to say for a ‘black is Beautiful bike’ mind set yours is stunning :)

Back