New Brentune for sale with discount

Hi,
if someone is interested in buying a brand new / unused (box still sealed) BT Moto ECU flash unit, please send me a DM. As I decided not flashing my bike, I will sell it again. Price USD600 (PayPal) incl. shipping.

Attachments

• FD7C5801-48A1-4F74-AB76-B0E4CF589C1C.jpeg
    FD7C5801-48A1-4F74-AB76-B0E4CF589C1C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 0D794E59-3672-4130-BB9C-D027D8C4E5CE.jpeg
    0D794E59-3672-4130-BB9C-D027D8C4E5CE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Has Brentune represented that you can transfer your purchase to another person? The new owner will need to upload the stock tune from their bike onto the flasher, download the file to a computer (using a program that you download from their site), and then send to BT. When I did this on my S1000RR I needed my order number (and other information) for them to confirm I was the purchaser, and to develop my tune and then email it to me.

I asked them about potentially buying a tune for the R18 and perhaps getting a a discount since I already had their flasher (the R18 and the S1000RR have the same ECU connector), but was told that once configured, each flasher is only able to pair with that one specific bike and not others. This could be a good deal for someone if you can get confirmation that BT will work with the new owner.

So in simple words, no tune was purchased with the flashers. I am going to contact BT to find a way to flash my bike with your unit.

Has Brentune represented that you can transfer your purchase to another person? The new owner will need to upload the stock tune from their bike onto the flasher, download the file to a computer (using a program that you download from their site), and then send to BT. When I did this on my S1000RR I needed my order number (and other information) for them to confirm I was the purchaser, and to develop my tune and then email it to me.

I asked them about potentially buying a tune for the R18 and perhaps getting a a discount since I already had their flasher (the R18 and the S1000RR have the same ECU connector), but was told that once configured, each flasher is only able to pair with that one specific bike and not others. This could be a good deal for someone if you can get confirmation that BT will work with the new owner.
Thank you for your interest. Yes, I have contacted Chris from the sales department of BT Moto. He actually suggested to sell my unit to one of forum members. I am sure if there is anything else needed like the order number, etc. I can provide that but I don’t think it is required. I tried to return my unit to BT Moto but their window for returns is only 30 days. My unit is brand new and still sealed in the original box.

Hi,
if someone is interested in buying a brand new / unused (box still sealed) BT Moto ECU flash unit, please send me a DM. As I decided not flashing my bike, I will sell it again. Price USD600 (PayPal) incl. shipping.
I might be interested. Are the flash units ALL the same??? I have a 2023 100 anniversary edition but the bike is not broken in yet, only have 300 miles on it. I don't want to install the new map till around 2500 miles when it's really broken in....and will Bren Tune supply tech support if I am not the original purchaser???

Thanks.

RK

Why did you decide not to re map it??? I've heard only good reviews of the new map??

Has anyone bought the BT for an R18 and installed it?? Any issues? What have you noticed with the new tune ??

Really would like to hear, I'm planning on installing it in my 2023 Anniversary model once I break the bike in....

Thanks.

RK

Has anyone bought the BT for an R18 and installed it?? Any issues? What have you noticed with the new tune ??

Really would like to hear, I'm planning on installing it in my 2023 Anniversary model once I break the bike in....

Thanks.

RK
Hit them up for a Black Friday discount. I've installed BT tune on my R18 100 year anniversary combined with a DNA Stage 2 filter + bracket. It's amazing to ride, sooooo smooth and less snappy. Same time more torque where it's needed. Overall it should have come like this from the factory. The filter improves the noise too and works nicely together with Akrapovic exhaust. You can also flash back to stock when heading in for service etc. if you're concerned about anything. It's well handy to be able to do it yourself.

P.S. The break-in is anywhere between 300-700 miles if I remember right. I had mine remapped right after this break-in service. ;)

Hit them up for a Black Friday discount. I've installed BT tune on my R18 100 year anniversary combined with a DNA Stage 2 filter + bracket. It's amazing to ride, sooooo smooth and less snappy. Same time more torque where it's needed. Overall it should have come like this from the factory. The filter improves the noise too and works nicely together with Akrapovic exhaust. You can also flash back to stock when heading in for service etc. if you're concerned about anything. It's well handy to be able to do it yourself.

P.S. The break-in is anywhere between 300-700 miles if I remember right. I had mine remapped right after this break-in service. ;)
Bic,
what is the DNA stage 2 filter and bracket? The air filter?? Ok, maybe I'll remap mine after the 600 mile breakin service, I guess no need to wait. I was going to put a few thosand miles on it before the remap..but maybe not if your bike is running right....
I always remap every bike I've owned....Yeah....why don't they just come like that....
Thanks.

How much different from stock have these mods made the performance? The dyno numbers BT provides def show an increase, but they're not HUGE by any means. Most of what I can gather from guys here is that overall, the upgrade is subtle. I don't have a ton of time on this bike yet, so I havent really picked out anything I dislike, and I've come from a string of less-than-perfect bikes where some of the quirks on the R that might bother someone seem downright refined to me. Most of me feels like I'm gonna live with stock, but take a swing! Sell me on this thing!

Bic,
what is the DNA stage 2 filter and bracket? The air filter?? Ok, maybe I'll remap mine after the 600 mile breakin service, I guess no need to wait. I was going to put a few thosand miles on it before the remap..but maybe not if your bike is running right....
I always remap every bike I've owned....Yeah....why don't they just come like that....
Thanks.

https://www.dnafilters.com/en/produ...r-Box-Cover-S2-and-Filter-P-BM18CR20-S2-COMBO

It's a combination of a higher flowing filter and a removal of the OEM air snorkel box. You open up the entire filter for a lot more air inflow. As the bike comes with wide-band O2 sensors, it will adjust the fuelling very nicely even on the BT tune. Have a look at their video on Youtube.

I also have had every single bike remapped just to prevent them from running too lean and also for the better ride-ability. Here in the Europe the emissions targets are a bit nuts and kill all the fun.

How much different from stock have these mods made the performance? The dyno numbers BT provides def show an increase, but they're not HUGE by any means. Most of what I can gather from guys here is that overall, the upgrade is subtle. I don't have a ton of time on this bike yet, so I havent really picked out anything I dislike, and I've come from a string of less-than-perfect bikes where some of the quirks on the R that might bother someone seem downright refined to me. Most of me feels like I'm gonna live with stock, but take a swing! Sell me on this thing!

It's not like with cars where the top-end power matters. For bikes you'll find that the different throttle openings are where most improvements lie. For example the difference at 30% throttle opening might be double that of a 100%. Considering that most of the time you'll be somewhere between 20-60%, that's what really matters. The responsiveness with added ease of riding due to improved engine breaking etc. It's just way way smoother when it's remapped. And I'm not pushing for the BT but talking in general. I've had 4 bikes remapped now and they all perform amazingly well compared to how they arrived. Likewise, I bought 100 year anniversary edition with the intentions of keeping it forever. I like the design, the colour and the character of the bike. It came with Akrapovich exhaust albeit stuffed with cats etc. but combined with the remap and DNA Stage 2 filter, it really bring the bike alive. I might be tempted to remove db-killers at some point but no other mods have been planned. On the other hand my Tenere 700 offroad/adventure bike has probably 40% original parts and rest is heavily modded!

It's not like with cars where the top-end power matters. For bikes you'll find that the different throttle openings are where most improvements lie. For example the difference at 30% throttle opening might be double that of a 100%. Considering that most of the time you'll be somewhere between 20-60%, that's what really matters. The responsiveness with added ease of riding due to improved engine breaking etc. It's just way way smoother when it's remapped. And I'm not pushing for the BT but talking in general. I've had 4 bikes remapped now and they all perform amazingly well compared to how they arrived. Likewise, I bought 100 year anniversary edition with the intentions of keeping it forever. I like the design, the colour and the character of the bike. It came with Akrapovich exhaust albeit stuffed with cats etc. but combined with the remap and DNA Stage 2 filter, it really bring the bike alive. I might be tempted to remove db-killers at some point but no other mods have been planned. On the other hand my Tenere 700 offroad/adventure bike has probably 40% original parts and rest is heavily modded!
Bic,

Will a dealer put in the Stage 2 air filter and remove the snorkel, or I have to do that or get a mechanic to...?

Thanks.

Bic,
Seems like I could go ahead and toss in the Stage 2 air filter now, then after my 600 mile break in do the re map.
Is there a video anywhere how to install the air filter and remove the snorkel?

Many thanks....

Also...when the bike goes in for the 6k service....they won't check the map....at best they will road test the bike after the service right? I mean they don't have a plug in diagnostic that shows them the map has changed do they..? So no need to reset it to stock....

Bic,

Will a dealer put in the Stage 2 air filter and remove the snorkel, or I have to do that or get a mechanic to...?

Thanks.

Probably not a BMW one but a bike shop would happily assist you. Having said that, the filter install takes no more than 30min. If you can’t find any instructions on this forum or Youtube then don’t worry as it’s not difficult at all. If I remember right, it will come with a manual. All you are doing is taking some panels off and replacing the OEM airbox snorkel with an open filter and a bracket that will hold it down. There were some precautions to take with the retaining fixtures but nothing to be concerned about. As for the tune, all you need is access to a Windows computer. There are lots of videos on BT website. Both jobs combined take 1-2h depending on your pace etc. :)

Bic,
Seems like I could go ahead and toss in the Stage 2 air filter now, then after my 600 mile break in do the re map.
Is there a video anywhere how to install the air filter and remove the snorkel?

Many thanks....

Also...when the bike goes in for the 6k service....they won't check the map....at best they will road test the bike after the service right? I mean they don't have a plug in diagnostic that shows them the map has changed do they..? So no need to reset it to stock....

Do both after the run-in is complete and bike is signed off as healthy. You don’t want them to point at the filter in case there are any faults with the bike itself.

I don’t believe they have implemented any fancy logging tools with these bikes yet but BMW cars do flag up the remap automatically based on data points. I guess with a turbo charged vehicle it’s easier to see any deviations. On our bikes we’re not pushing them for the peak power and simply improve fuelling in the mid range.

Do both after the run-in is complete and bike is signed off as healthy. You don’t want them to point at the filter in case there are any faults with the bike itself.

I don’t believe they have implemented any fancy logging tools with these bikes yet but BMW cars do flag up the remap automatically based on data points. I guess with a turbo charged vehicle it’s easier to see any deviations. On our bikes we’re not pushing them for the peak power and simply improve fuelling in the mid range.
Ok, I'll wait and do both after the break in service....thanks...

Back