Motea Engine Bars

I love the look of my R18 without engine bars, however the cylinders are soo vulnerable, thought it was best to get ahead of hindsight and just fit a set.
After much contemplation I settled for Motea, good fit and great price.
What do think folks?

Attachments

• IMG_2650.jpeg
    IMG_2650.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2623.jpeg
    IMG_2623.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2630.jpeg
    IMG_2630.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 54
R18-Nioc,
I am in the same boat. The bike looks great without the bars, but one hard tip over thunk is not good. I like the fact that yours are not overly large but hug in close for utility only.

I love the look of my R18 without engine bars, however the cylinders are soo vulnerable, thought it was best to get ahead of hindsight and just fit a set.
What do think folks?
This is the set I had in mind a while ago. I decided to go for the OEM set in the end as Motea did not reply to my enquiry regarding fitting to the Bagger.
Yours look great. 👍

I need to start writing things down to keep straight who has which item for sale.
I was thinking yours were black, and have thought I wanted chrome.
Getting it straight from now on.

What do think folks?
That's a good looking saddle bag where did you get it from

I felt the same as the op.... I liked the bike as is and was worried that a set of bars would compromise my feelings for the bike looks wise. So I did what I normally do, and got a set anyway... haha.

This was motivated by me having an oops moment when wheeling my r ninet scrambler out of the garage, the scrambler has bars and wasn't damaged.

Anyway, I wanted chrome but then realised that polished stainless almost look like chrome, and if I have a small drop that I have more chance of polishing out any minor scratches... so I went stainless (Hornig) and they look ok.

Now, for a sump guard.... no not really... the sump is quite strong as it turns out, with just enough friction to save me from myself.... a 3 guy job draging it back... one meets the nicest people on the side of the road.

20240222_130657.jpg

Last edited:
Back