Mobil 1 Oil

Has anyone used the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 in the R18? It exceeds the API SJ requirement by BMW. I've been using this oil in my Harley-Davidson Street Glide for many years and I'm wondering if it's OK to use it in the R18.

Has anyone used the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 in the R18? It exceeds the API SJ requirement by BMW. I've been using this oil in my Harley-Davidson Street Glide for many years and I'm wondering if it's OK to use it in the R18.

Sure it would work fine, but why not use Mobil 1's 15w-50? I use it... It's even better and through Walmart you can get a 5qt bottle for about $30. I use it and my 18 loves it! Engine is nice and quiet...

Sure it would work fine, but why not use Mobil 1's 15w-50? I use it... It's even better and through Walmart you can get a 5qt bottle for about $30. I use it and my 18 loves it! Engine is nice and quiet...
I was thinking the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 was designed for air/oil cooled motorcycle engines that operate at higher temperatures.

I was thinking the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 was designed for air/oil cooled motorcycle engines that operate at higher temperatures.
So is the 15w-50...many race cars run it...It has extra zinc in it to protect fast moving parts under high temperatures. Since the 18 has a dry clutch, the zinc poses no issue...and most importantly, is the correct viscosity. My bike hauls ass and loves it...

Just changed my oil with Mobile 1 15W-50 and a Mahle filter at 1250 miles. Engine had a casting defect that ended in a right cylinder/jug replacement at 300 miles...oil was changed during the cylinder replacement. Serviced the diff with Mobile 1 75W-90 synthetic gear oil at 1000....may have been a little bit late with that one. I plan on using the same for the trans down the road.

I'm only 50 miles past my oil change this morning. Seems like it's a little quieter....like less valve clatter and whatnot. The oil that came out seemed only a slight bit darker than the new oil.

I will continue to use Mobile 1 for no particular reason other than meeting/exceeding requirements and ease of purchase.

Back