Mirror vibrated the nut loose

Lunasea2

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Anybody have suggestions on best place to find the acorn type locknut for the mirror? Of course I noticed the mirror was loose during a ride today. I stopped next town and pulled out the small tool kit intending to tighten the nut.... oops- no nut. Mirror pulled straight up and through the hole and out... appears the 13mm wrench fits. does that match the nut size?

Maybe remove the other mirror's acorn nut and take it to your local hardware store; specifically to match the correct thread and pitch?

I'd assume it's metric; however, there's always Max BMW in CT where you can order a replacement - BMW would be happy to sell it to you for $25 .... (I spent almost $200 on various nuts, clips, bolts building my lower leg wind protection...)

Anybody have suggestions on best place to find the acorn type locknut for the mirror? Of course I noticed the mirror was loose during a ride today. I stopped next town and pulled out the small tool kit intending to tighten the nut.... oops- no nut. Mirror pulled straight up and through the hole and out... appears the 13mm wrench fits. does that match the nut size?
Mine vibrated out as well found a suitable sub nut at a local honda dealer, until I could order some acorn nuts from my BMW dealer. Be prepared those darn things aint cheap! Put some blue loctite on them when reinstalled.

My thanks to Oscar, Scott and Adam! My local hardware store fixed me right up. Bought a new acorn nut and a lock nut. Charge was fifty cents!

Back