Mirror Issue

So, while on the new R18B's maiden voyage, I noticed that my right mirror wouldn't budge. Came home, looked at it, googled it "normal rotating mirror, just give it some elbow grease", and finally tried it one last time. The only thing budging is the metal that the glass attaches to.... Is it supposed to move in a socket where it attaches to the bar? I don't want to break anything, and the metal bending seems like a red flag.

1663623899100.png

"Move mirrors into desired position by rotation them"
Is the other side working okay? You may be able to get a feel for what it should be doing if the other side is okay.

1663623964822.png

The ball joint may be stuck. If it was my bike, I would try something like penetrating oil to try to loosen it up. Of course, please do it at your discretion... idk if it would actually cause the opposite problem of making it too loose.

I would think there would just be a metal ball in that socket similar to this:

1663624187093.png

I hope that helps in some way.

View attachment 7113

"Move mirrors into desired position by rotation them"
Is the other side working okay? You may be able to get a feel for what it should be doing if the other side is okay.

View attachment 7114

The ball joint may be stuck. If it was my bike, I would try something like penetrating oil to try to loosen it up. Of course, please do it at your discretion... idk if it would actually cause the opposite problem of making it too loose.

I would think there would just be a metal ball in that socket similar to this:

View attachment 7115

I hope that helps in some way.
Thanks, yea the other side is tight, but it budged. It's odd because it spins pretty freely around the ball, but doesn't seem to want to pivot downward. Looking at it, it is basically centered, so definitely not a "ran out of adjustment" issue. May just spin it for a while and see it that frees up the other socket movement.

Went out and just rocked both (even the left, was still stuck) for a while until the basically popped free and acted like normal mirrors... weird issue, but whatever I guess lol

Reactions: Vyk
The mirror is glued (hot pistol glue)
You can take it off heating it with an air dryer.
So you have access to the nut inside to adjust the ball pressure.
And reglue it back.
Not easy I reckon.

Back